Anti-Covid-19

Worm

Bem.. para dár um bocado contraste, do que se passa na thread do corona. abri esta para passar um pouco da informação e discussao do que circula de profissionais da área, que vai um pouco contra a narrativa geral.

Se é verdade ou não, deixo isso a cada um decidir e entrepetar. 

pubmed-meta-image.png
PUBMED.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

<span><b>Objective:</b> As the prevention and control of COVID-19continues to advance, the active nucleic acid test screening in the close contacts of the patients has been carrying out in many parts of China. However, the false-positive rate of positive results in the screening has not been reported up t</span> …

Edited by Worm

***COVID mortality update -- good news***

Truth be told I am definitely afflicted with a strong confirmation bias towards this entire pandemic not being dangerous after all. I've spent more than 40 hours in research in the last 2 weeks to make up my own mind.

I don't have all the answers yet. But all I can say is that every single day there are news that are updating the case-fatality risk and admitting that it's much lower than the scary 3.4% put forward by the WHO.

My latest read: from Dr. Anthony Fauci et al. (yes, the same Fauci that's all over the news and saying "It’s ‘premature’ to say if the US has failed in its pandemic preparedness":

Quote: "If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

Let me highlight this again: "the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%".

"Considerably less than 1%."

Flu is recognized to have a case fatality rate of about 0.1%. Simply put, COVID-19 might end up closer to that number than anyone (except a few contrarians/renegades like AGB) had expected.

I guess we'll see.

Isso é muito bonito, mas ele que diga às famílias das vítimas. É que, corrijam-me se estiver errado, este vírus é muito mais fácil de espalhar que o da gripe.

Quantos de nós já estiveram gripados e não passaram nada para o resto da casa? E com este?

A nivel de espalhar acho que é a mesma coisa. 

Agora a questão são as consequências. Como é lógico neste momento as consequências da gripe no corpo humano não são minimamente comparáveis com as do COVID neste momento. O nosso corpo já está mais do que preparado para lidar com a gripe. Já com o Covid...

Voces não viram os videos pois nao?

Segundo a analise deles dos dados a mortalidade não é maior que uma gripe normal ou mesmo outro tipo de doenças. E o numero ditos infectados é redondamente enganador visto que o kit de detecção não tem grande fiabilidade, tendo um estudo inclusive declarado 80% de falsos positivos.

Edited by Worm

1 hour ago, Worm said:

Voces não viram os videos pois nao?

Segundo a analise deles dos dados a mortalidade não é maior que uma gripe normal ou mesmo outro tipo de doenças. E o numero ditos infectados é redondamente enganador visto que o kit de detecção não tem grande fiabilidade, tendo um estudo inclusive declarado 80% de falsos positivos.

Se fosse exactamente a mesma coisa, não havia uma inumera quantidade de pessoas a ocupar os ventiladores que são necessários para os casos graves.
Isso leva a que outros que também precisem não os tenham.
O que acontece é a falta de meios humanos e mecânicos/material que está a levar a a situação a um possível descalabro.

Agora, se toda a gente fosse imediatamente testada a % de mortalidade ia ser menor?
Claro, há pessoas que o virús passa por elas como nada fosse...a grande maioria pelos vistos.

53 minutes ago, [Black_Lotus] said:

Se fosse exactamente a mesma coisa, não havia uma inumera quantidade de pessoas a ocupar os ventiladores que são necessários para os casos graves.
Isso leva a que outros que também precisem não os tenham.
O que acontece é a falta de meios humanos e mecânicos/material que está a levar a a situação a um possível descalabro.

Agora, se toda a gente fosse imediatamente testada a % de mortalidade ia ser menor?
Claro, há pessoas que o virús passa por elas como nada fosse...a grande maioria pelos vistos.

De facto há algo diferente, porque está a acontecer isso, mas mesmo assim segundo eles os números são apenas ligeiramente mais altos, longe de pandemia e inferiores a outras, que não justificam a histeria e destruição da economia que está a acontecer.

Edited by Worm

5 hours ago, PunK_BoY said:

5 hours ago, camurso_ said:

5 hours ago, PunK_BoY said:

Ok...I am going to start setting up for some very near in the future "I told you so!" Right here and right now. Aside from and although, I will admit that this article touches my confirmation bias....I encourage everyone to open their minds and hearts to the reality of facts that are derived via proper application of "Scientific Method".

I have always and from day one stated that my opinions shared in Balance Nation are back by my own research, review of history, precedent, and statistic.....NOT by "predictive models". Just watch the numbers in CONTEXT and viewed through medical historical precedent.

I want everyone to remember that on day one....I stuck my neck out with boldness and said....all this will be gone in May AND the death toll in the US will be minuscule compared to seasonal flu . I have been attacked of course and regardless took solace in knowing that history, precedent, and statistics are on my side. I also know that FEAR IS THE CURRENCY OF CONTROL. This means I know where peoples anger comes from and why they act the way they do. Like a parent knows why their kids act that way when they do. Nevertheless....

Please remember ALL THOSE who were purveyors of the hysteria and peddlers of the pills. I was neither.

Here is a lovely article that puts the nail in the coffin of this COVID-19 nonsense. It was written a few days ago. Iceland has come at this like a boss and this rational and even tempered writer gives a great reveal. The irony is the pic of Elon Musk tweet saying and accepting what I said first about the “test”…..”80% False Positive”.(Don’t get me started on the fact that while we were all looking at this nonsense…he put up 60 Starlink Satellites to radiate more EMF down on us all)

Anyway….1. THIS IS ALL OVER by May….2. That little Fauci will not be seen behind the podium anymore in a few days 3. Trump will send everyone back to work (except places like NY, CA, WA) by next Monday or a week later maximum.

president-of-iceland-speaks-with-570x321
CLEANTECHNICA.COM

Science: do it. Iceland has decided to jump right into proper scientific methodology in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, rather than "panic now and evaluate later." The country, which has followed similar social distancing strategies as other European nations, has been conducting a random sample (i.e., scientifically useful) test of its population — with results from 1.5% of its population so far. This means it is testing a true representative portion of its population.

Nós como humanos temos a tendência de reagir emocionalmente e não objectivamente, mas os dados parecem pintar outro cenário.

Eu não discordo que a taxa de mortalidade a nível percentual seja mais baixa do que o que se está a dizer, porque como já se afirmou várias vezes há muita muita gente infectada que não entra nas estatisticas. 

Agora uma coisa é impossível de negar. As consequências do COVID no ser humano são muito pior que o da gripe neste momento.

Just now, PunK_BoY said:

Eu não discordo que a taxa de mortalidade a nível percentual seja mais baixa do que o que se está a dizer, porque como já se afirmou várias vezes há muita muita gente infectada que não entra nas estatisticas. 

Agora uma coisa é impossível de negar. As consequências do COVID no ser humano são muito pior que o da gripe neste momento.

Os dados indicam ser muito semelhante, sendo a maioria das complicacoes nas pessoas mais idosas e com problemas cronicos. O corona sempre entrou na estatistica das complicacoes resultantes de gripe.

Ainda nem sequer há dados suficientes para saber se existem sequelas ou não. Ainda ontem o Dr. Filipe Froes referiu isso no Prós e Contras. Se não me engano, ele até disse que podia demorar anos até perceber exactamente o impacto futuro deste vírus numa pessoa recuperada.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PunK_BoY said:

Pá desculpa mas nunca vi nenhuma gripe atualmente a provocar isto que o COVID está a provocar.

quando tiveres tempo, ve os videos. É que é dificil estarmos aqui a debater algo sem analisares nova informação, mantendo-te fiel à tua visao actual.

Edited by Worm
  • Like 1

A diferença entre este virus e o da gripe sazonal, para além de ser mais contagiante, ninguém tem defesas para ele, o que faz com que os doentes muitas vezes precisem de ir ao hospital e acaba por sobrecarregar o sistema saúde, basta ver em Itália e Espanha, não haver ventiladores para toda a gente. Se não houvesse medidas de contenção, iria sobrecarregar ainda mais o sistema e mesmo pessoas saudáveis teriam maior probabilidade de morrer se infectados com uma maior dose de virus.

High consequence infectious diseases (HCID)

Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England.

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

opengraph-image-a1f7d89ffd0782738b1aeb0d
WWW.GOV.UK

Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England.