Top Gear - Season 23 (1ª sem os estarolas)

GODfromage

chris-evans-top-gear-2016.jpg

While we don’t yet know what Series 23 of Top Gear is going to look like, or whether the viewer figures are going to fly like an eagle or plummet like a Morris Marina being dropped from a crane, we do at least know the date it is going to begin. Series 23 of Top Gear will be broadcast on BBC2 Sunday May 8th 2016.

The new host, Chris Evans, said the first episode will be screened on BBC Two the Sunday after filming finishes on May 5. He also revealed the Top Gear team had “already started making the films”, but didn’t elaborate any further, or disclose any information about his co-presenters – if there are any to begin with. From what we’ve heard, he’ll be flying solo…

“We’re going to America to make our first inter-continental in January,” Evans told James Martin on BBC One’s Saturday Kitchen. It comes amid reports that former presenter Jeremy Clarkson, who was sacked last year, is “seething” over the BBC’s “double standards” at a decision to screen a two-part Top Gear tribute to him at Christmas.

There will be 16 episodes when the new incarnation of Top Gear is broadcast next year. Evans, the BBC Radio 2 and TFI Friday presenter, has signed a three-year deal to lead an all-new line-up of presenters.

Chris Evans’ Ego Is ‘Out Of Control’

Filming for the new series of Top Gear is underway, and it sounds like Chris Evans isn’t off to a good start, according to reports. The Radio 2 Breakfast Show host’s ego is ‘out of control’, according to staff working on the revamped motoring show, months before it hits our screens next May.

An insider told The Sun: “They got rid of Clarkson because of his behaviour off screen but they’ve created another monster in Chris. He is falling out with a lot of people and even his close friends are concerned. People at Radio 2 have noticed a real difference in him. it has become obvious he is overworked and overstretched.”

Months after Chris was announced as Jeremy Clarkson’s replacement, there has still not been any official announcement of who will co-present the BBC Two show. There are reportedly concerns that the presenter is determined to make ‘Top Gear’ a ‘star vehicle’ for himself, and just last month he suggested that the traditional three-way hosting line-up could be dropped.

“If there’s three of you and you go and make a film together, suddenly you’re doing what they did. Why would you do that? They were brilliant at it… but I’m not going to do that,” he told the Press Association. “They’re the Three Stooges, they are the Bee Gees, they are that and I’m not, I’m me. I’m a solo artist at the moment, I’m on my own, so do I form a band or not?”

But a source told The Sun: “As the process has gone on, lots of top people have expressed a real interest in co-presenting – including some of his good mates like Suzi and Natalie – but he has found reasons to make it impossible for any of them to get the job.”

Chris’s 10 episode deal with Channel 4 to present the reboot of ‘TFI Friday’ has also caused problems, with BBC TV boss Danny Cohen admitting he was shocked he had signed up for both shows. “I was a little bit surprised,” he said. “He had a commitment, he’s finishing it, but after that he will be solely focused on Top Gear.”

But the insider added: “The reality is that he should be focusing on Top Gear but his mind is on TFI. It is adding to the frenzy and stress.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top Gear's new co-host will be Joey from Friends

Top Gear's former hosts may have moved on to Amazon, but the original show will continue on the BBC — with a surprising new addition. Actor Matt LeBlanc, best known for his role as Joey in Friends, will be the new co-presenter for the show alongside British presenter Chris Evans. LeBlanc said in a statement that as "a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I’m honored and excited to be a part of this iconic show’s new chapter."

The BBC noted in a press release that LeBlanc is already a "familiar face" on Top Gear, having been a guest on the show twice as parts of its regular "Star In A Reasonably-Priced Car" feature, and also presented the recent spin-off compilation show Top Gear: The Races. The British network's official release says that "LeBlanc’s international appeal has never been stronger despite filming the finale of his global hit Friends almost 12 years ago."

Evans said in a statement: "Matt’s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I’m thrilled he’s joiningTop Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we’ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas. We can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on screen later this year."

And although LeBlanc might seem an odd choice for the role, he does have name recognition on both sides of the Atlantic. A BBC source told The Guardian: "Le Blanc’s presence on the show will also be a boost when selling it internationally, particularly in the US where it is due to air on BBC America." He's also proved that he's no slouch behind the steering wheel, and currently holds the record for the fastest time ever around the Top Gear track:

•  
Edited by hard2explain

Tirando o gajo da radio até gostei do cast. Tem rodas para andar.

Gosto bastante dos videos do Chris Harris no youtube, a Sabina e uma excelente adição e o Matt vai ser para a comedia(mas pelo que parece e um petrol-head tambem)

Edited by hellspinner

A vantagem de terem o cris  Evans é que além de ser mais do que reconhecido dentro da ilha, tem uma conta bancária do outro mundo e uma lista de Ferraris que fazem dele uma das  pessoas a quem a Ferrari deve ligar a perguntar se quem o novo modelo da marca. 

• 2 months later...

Jeremy Clarkson's 'Top Gear' rival is called...'The Grand Tour'

Jeremy Clarkson and chums have come up with a name for their new Amazon car show to rival "Top Gear". Because they're taking their act on tour, the show is called "The Grand Tour".

Clarkson left the BBC's "Top Gear" under a cloud and took co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond with him. Amazon quickly snapped up the popular trio as the latest big names to create original, exclusive content for the subscription streaming service.

"We'll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country," explained Clarkson, "from a giant tent."

"I wanted to call it 'Nigel', or 'Roger'," said James May. "We needed a name, and they're names."

"The Grand Tour" will be available to Amazon subscribers this autumn.

Meanwhile "Top Gear" returns to TV this month. The show, now hosted by a team including Chris Evans and "Friends" star Matt LeBlanc, will be on Sunday nights. Each episode will be followed by behind-the-scenes spin-off "Extra Gear", presented by CNET alum Rory Reid.

thegrandtouruk.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...