Mr. Robot (2015-2019)

PunK_BoY

quote da TV.com

"– One more thing! A rep for USA has asked me to let you know that for next week's finale, it's very important to watch the ENTIRE episode, like, all the way through the credits and all. Would you expect anything less from this series?"

• Like 2

Relativamente às releases e à censura que tens reparado, deduzo que esteja presente em todas elas e que o episódio tenha passado na TV mesmo assim.

Pelo menos foi essa a impressão com que fiquei depois de ter visto este video:

Vejam desde 7:00 a 8:00. Eu sei que censurar o nome da Evil Corp não é a mesma coisa que censurar asneiras, mas deve ser pela hora a que a série passe nos EUA ou assim que tenham decidido censurar.

PS: O vídeo acima está bastante interessante.

• Like 1

No Mr. Robot os palavrões mais fortes são censurados porque o canal onde a série passa, o USA, é de basic cable, e como tal não permitem que passe linguagem mais forte. É como o AMC. Lembro-me que uma por outra vez no Mad Men também diziam alguma *alhada e faziam um corte igual ao que se ouve aqui. Os programas da Comedy Central (Daily Show, South Park, Key & Peele) também têm blips quando passam na televisão, a única diferença é que quando disponibilizam o conteúdo online já não tem censura.

Canais de cabo premium como HBO, Showtime, Stars, Cinemax é que não têm esse problema.

Por causa disto, season finale só para a semana:

USA Network has made a last minute decision to pull tonightsfirst season finale of breakout freshman drama Mr. Robot in light of todays tragic killing of a local news reporter and a camerman on Live TV.

"The previously filmed season finale of Mr. Robot contains a graphic scene similar in nature to today's tragic events in Virginia. Out of respect to the victims, their families and colleagues, and our viewers, we are postponing tonight's episode. Our thoughts go out to all those affected during this difficult time," USA said in a statement.

The season finale of the hacker drama will now air next Wednesday, September 2 at 10 PM. An encore of the penultimate episode will air tonight.

palhaço cobarde... mas estes americanos são ridículos. é um acontecimento trágico sim. mas achar que as pessoas não conseguem lidar com ficção ou arte com temas mais chocantes é mesmo ridículo. cheira-me que é só por causa das audiências e mais nada. 

faz-me lembrar quando proibiram esta música a seguir ao 911.

sobre a sensibilidade do americanos a temas mais sensíveis recomendo este artigo. é longo mas ilustra bem a mentalidade de muita gente na América (e presumidamente noutros sítios mas o artigo é sobre os EUA especificamente).

Edited by cursed
  • Like 1

Ah lá ber uma coisa...

Afinal que raio de numeração tem esta série que eu já n percebo nada...
Há uma carrada de sites que referenciam o season finale como sendo o episode 10, mas com a numeração 1.9. O caraças pq esse já eu vi a semana passada!
Entretanto no Genesis já lá aparece um episódio 1.10 mas n consigo fazer o stream. É esse que vai ser o season finale? Alguém consegue ver?

Bom finale. Não foi o melhor da season, mas foi bastante bom ;). Lançar as bases para a 2ª.

Já não é a 1ª vez que me passa pela cabeça a ideia do Tyrell ser outro amigo imaginário do Elliott. Já deve ser paranóia a mais, mas assim de cabeça não me lembro de nenhuma cena em que eles os 2 falem com mais alguém (eventualmente, logo no inicío, quando eles se conheceram)...e a mulher dele teve umas reacções um bocado estranhas na conversa entre ela e o Elliott. 

Também gostei do finale. Venha a segunda temporada.

@Tourniquet: Por exemplo, no episódio 8, o Gideon vai falar com o Tyrell à Evil Corp. sobre o ficheiro dat do Colby e do honeypot.

E pelo que um user dinamarquês diz no reddit, a Joanna basicamente diz ao Elliot:

"Se fizeste algum mal ao Tyrell, eu mato-te."

Já agora fica aqui o post em questão, uma análise interessante da Joanna:

On Joanna:

I don't know to what extent the english audience is able to see or understand Joanna's character; a lot of her dialogue is spoken in Danish, and the subtitles do little to translate the tone.
Throughout this season, Tyrell speaks swedish to her, and she speaks danish to him. This might seem odd, but the two languages are near enough that a couple can relatively quickly learn to do this - as a matter of fact, learning decent enough swedish would be a matter of 1-200 hours for a danish person, and the same the other way around.
Giving each character their own distinct tongue intrinsically reflects on their relationship. In addition to marking them as jet-setters, the two languages seem to express unique facets. Tyrells swedish is beautiful and melodic, far more intricate and deliberate than Joannas danish, but generally straightforward. I'd go so far as to say that there are few subtleties to Tyrell; there is little subtext - though I should add the caveat that as a danish person myself, my grasp of his swedish isn't amazing.
Joanna's danish, by comparison is simple and blunt, ugly even. She uses a danish dialect common in the capital, one that is very quick spoken but has a lot of sayings laced with subtext. If her cynicism in regard to her unborn child wasn't already making it clear, she shows zero empathy towards anyone, least of all Tyrell. Indeed, she makes a threat at elliot in Danish, where she explains - matter of factly - that if he's harmed Tyrell in any way, she will kill elliot. There is zero emotion in her as she says this, and to me there is no doubt that it will be retribution for taking a tool from her, rather than a matter of avenging her husband.
I take the pressure she is putting on Tyrell to be abusive; she is unclear in her demand that he 'fix' the situation at work, and her explanation that she is 'bored' of Tyrell makes it clear that he is supposed to live up to every vim.
Concretely, her danish dialogue is laced with subtext of threats to tyrell, threats of an unspecified nature - and there's also an allusion to an argument she already considers settled. When she speaks to him, it is more often commands than requests, and what she says is very clearly not up for discussion.
Coupled with, in nearly every scene where she is pregnant, her disregard for her child, I think it's clear that she is a psychopath. And I love her. She is by far the best written and most original female character I've seen in years, and I find I cannot stop reflecting on her scenes with Tyrell.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A look at the authenticity and and societal impact of Mr. Robot. Creator Sam Esmail, stars Rami Malek and Christian Slater, real-life hacker Jeff Moss and several other experts open up about how the show made an extremely technical subject relatable to a wide audience and brought humanity to hackers through main character Elliot.  

Mr.Robot-Mr.Robot.dec0d3d.doc.720p.WEB.H.264.AAC.2.0-SRL

Já circula pelos sítios do costume. ;)

• Like 1

• Stone changed the title to Mr. Robot (2015-2019)