The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)

Stone

ArrVaTq.jpg

jWGE0OlFLYmUW.bmp

As últimas informações sobre o jogo foram as seguintes:

Miyamoto: Nintendo "gradually changing the structure" of The Legend of Zelda

When Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto talks about The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U to consumers he calls it "open world". But for his designers "open world" is a dirty term.

Nintendo unveiled the next The Legend of Zelda game for Wii U at E3 last month with an eye-catching video, below. According to Ninendo's official blurb: "The newest game in the franchise, scheduled for 2015, introduces the first truly open world in a game from the series."

Players can roam Hyrule Field or set off on a trek to distant mountains if they prefer, Nintendo said. Players can get to any area they can see from virtually any direction. "That's one of the ways the game breaks with franchise norms and introduces new ways to play," according to the company.

Reflecting on E3 during Nintendo's 74th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, Miyamoto discussed the use of the term open world in relation to the game.

"I prefer not to use the generally used term open world when developing software, but we used this term in order to make it easier for consumers to understand," he said.

It's all a part of Nintendo's effort to come up with a new type of The Legend of Zelda experience - and to do that established terminology, such as open world, needs to be thrown in the bin during the development process.

"This term means that there is a large world in which players can do numerous things daily," he explained.

"In the traditional The Legend of Zelda series, the player would play one dungeon at a time. For example, if there are eight dungeons, at the fourth dungeon, some players may think, 'I'm already halfway through the game,' while other players may think, 'I still have half of the game to play.' We are trying to gradually break down such mechanism and develop a game style in which you can enjoy The Legend of Zelda freely in a vast world, whenever you find the time to do so."

Miyamoto said this evolution was already in motion, and pointed to A Link Between Worlds, which lets players rent different items from the beginning so they can use different combinations of items.

In short, Nintendo is "gradually changing the structure" of The Legend of Zelda series. "We are preparing to newly evolve the series for Wii U," Miyamoto said, before teasing: "In addition to that, we have ideas for Nintendo 3DS which we have not announced yet, so I hope you will look forward to them." Food for thought.

Miyamoto was later quizzed on his open world comment by another shareholder, so he expanded on the idea.

"I intentionally used the term open world so that it would be easier (for consumers) to understand, just as the shareholder has pointed out. Please understand I meant that when the development teams have discussions, I dislike heavily using terms that are commonly used (when developing something new and surprising)."

Fiquei algo preocupado com o facto de ser "open world" e ver alguns problemas associados ao mesmo, tendo em conta os jogos anteriores, mas se já o apresentaram assim na E3 presumo que esses mesmos problemas terão sido ultrapassados :y:

Que problemas falas?

Eu concordo com o Miyamoto, ele não gosta de chamar jogos open-world, porque sabe-se que não são open-world verdadeiros, o que ele quer fazer é resolver o problema de que os players sabem que se existem 8 dungeons e vão na dungeon número 4, estão já vão a metade do jogo.

Neste novo Zelda, as dungeons podem ser feitas por qualquer ordem e o mundo está cheio de side quests.

Edited by Ilusi0n

Estava com algum receio de que esse conceito que ele falou na altura de "open world" não se aplicasse bem nos jogos Zelda. No decorrer de uma dungeon, obtínhamos itens que seriam indispensáveis para progredir, tanto na própria dungeon, como no jogo em si. Agora vamos ver como vão fazer... No "A Link Between Worlds", ainda cheguei a ver pelo youtube pessoal a jogar e de facto "alugavam" itens num local e depois progrediam como queriam. Vamos ver se vão aplicar a mesma coisa ou algo diferente...

Não queria perder aquela sensação de quando me aparecia um tesouro novo com um item novo :-..

• 4 months later...

It’s been awhile since we last heard about the upcoming Zelda game for the Wii U, with scant little revealed since the E3 trailer aside from a few comments. Well that’s changed recently as Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma once again commented on the game in an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu. While not too much has been revealed, Aonuma did talk about the visuals some, saying that:

Everyone has been imitating this (snaps fingers) (laughs). I was told by many people that it was ‘beautiful.’ I thought about various ways to make the graphical style fit the vast new Zelda world; imitating the real world attached an important feeling of realism, and making it look different to the past [Zelda titles], this was done by drawing inspiration from Japanese animations.

He went on to talk about the mysterious laser-enemy from the trailer that chased Link down as he was on horseback:

It’s an enemy which emits a laser while running, an enemy that moves with amazing speed; like this it can capture you while trying to escape on horseback, something not seen until now.

In the Wii U version, we are trying to make people think “if an enemy like this comes out, how can I defeat it?” and we showed a glimpse of this at E3. After all, I am changing various elements, following the theme of “changing the Zelda conventions.

Also, it’s interesting to note that he specifies that the enemy can “capture” Link, and not “kill” or “defeat” him. Could this be a subtle hint about the motivation of the enemies in the upcoming game, that they might be trying to capture, rather than kill Link? Or maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Finally, It was also said that more will be shown of the game at next year’s E3, including more gameplay. Does this get you excited to find out more about the game? I know I am!

• 3 months later...

The Legend of Zelda Wii U Delayed Out Of 2015

Bad news, Zelda fans. The next game won't be out this year, Nintendo just announced—they're "no longer making a 2015 release [their] number one priority" for the upcoming Zelda Wii U.

Series producer Eiji Aonuma announced the bad news in a video message on Facebook, where he talked about how the team has "discovered several new possibilities for the game" that has led them to no longer prioritize releasing the Wii U's big Zelda in 2015. Like just about every other console Zelda game before it, Zelda Wii U is getting a huge delay.

They're not showing it at E3, either.

Here's the full transcript of Aonuma's comments:

Hello, Zelda fans! I am Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda.

I'd like to share with you an update on our development process on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be. In these last three months, as the team has experienced firsthand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game.

As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds even my own expectations. As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective, and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.

So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game. I hope to use the added time to make The Legend of Zelda for Wii U into a game that will reward you for your patience, so thank you for your continued support

The upcoming Wii U Zelda game, which still has no official title, was first shown off at last year's E3, then again at the Game Awards in Las Vegas late last year, where Aonuma and Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto both vowed that it was coming in 2015.

Já andam aí rumores que tem a ver com este título ser um título de lançamento da Nintendo NX, que deverá sair lá para 2016/2017.

Se isto for verdade, a Wii U vai ser ainda mais flop do que se está a tornar.

Edited by Ilusi0n

Bem, tb não é preocupante...a Nintendo Wii U está repleta de AAA games, e um bom punhado de exclusivos de peso que vão sair até ao lançamento deste zelda. Oh... Wait.

A única coisa que assim fica nos meus planos, será o starfox. Mas este Zelda vai sair para a wii U de certeza absoluta, mas tb deve aparecer na próxima consola. Basta ver o que tem acontecido desde a GC para a frente, há sempre um de origem e um "herdado".

Só perdoo este adiamento porque neste franchise as coisas são como com a Naughty Dog, sai quando estiver muito bom.

Edited by p!p1tUh

You can beat The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild without finishing the story

Speedrunners are going to be happy about this

We've already seen an awful lot of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at this year's E3, but one thing we haven't seen yet is the game's conclusion. Maybe that's obvious, but according to the game's creators, dedicated players will be able to speed on through to the game's finish right from the start, if they wish to do so.

"Users may not actually get the full story depending on how they play this game and how they strategize and solve puzzles," producer Eiji Aonuma told Polygon. "Users are able to go to the very end goal without revealing why Link woke up the way he did and where he did. Whether you want to reveal the storyline and find out why Link woke up, or you want to just go straight to the goal, that's an option totally up to the user."

When asked, Aonuma confirmed that a player could go directly to the final boss of the game from its opening moments if they wanted. However, he also stressed that he didn't view this as an ideal way to play.

"Anybody who can go straight to the goal without doing anything else — there's two possibilities," Aonuma said. "Either they're a really good gamer, or they could be somebody that's a little bit crazy. But it's not impossible. I created the game like that.

"Maybe it might be fun for fans to compete in a challenge for who can clear it first."

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be released in 2017 for the Wii U and Nintendo's new NX hardware. Stay tuned to Polygon for more coverage of the game as E3 2016 continues.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11942652/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-ending

Nintendo confirms the new Zelda game will look better on the NX (duh!)

Earlier this week Nintendo said that Zelda: Breath of the Wild will get the same “experience” on the Wii U and NX. But the company didn’t elaborate — did that mean same gameplay and controls? Same graphics? Does that indicate the NX controller has a touch screen, if the gameplay experience is the same?

Well, rest assured, future NX owners: Nintendo has now said that the gameplay experience will be the same on both console, but the NX version will have different visuals. And by different, they mean better.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been by far the most popular game at E3 2016. The line to play the game was 8 hours yesterday, and looks just as long today. 

For more on the game, check out 40 minutes of Breath of the Wild gameplay.

• 1 month later...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Does this seem familiar?

Publicerat av Nintendo den 12 augusti 2016
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/videos/1089827307768388/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As primeiras impressões do jogo já andam por aí há alguns dias e por enquanto tem sido quase só elogios. Anteriormente tinham reportado frame drops nas feiras da Nintendo mas aparentemente isso foi tudo optimizado entretanto (como é costume nos jogos da Nintendo). 

Entretanto já se sabe que a revista Edge deu 10/10 na sua crítica.

• Like 1