Dude, where’s my phone?

Perks

Find your lost phone with Android Device Manager

August 2, 2013

Have you ever lost your phone in between the couch cushions or forgot it in a restaurant? Or maybe searching for your phone before you rush out the door is part of your morning routine? Later this month, the new Android Device Manager can help you out. It's one of a few simple features you can use to keep your device—and the data you store inside—safe and secure.

Locate and ring your misplaced device

If you ended up dropping your phone between those couch cushions, Android Device Manager lets you quickly ring your phone at maximum volume so you can find it, even it's been silenced. And in the event that your phone or tablet is out of earshot (say, at that restaurant you left it at last night), you can locate it on a map in real time.

blogpost.png

Protecting your personal information and data

While losing your phone can be stressful, Android Device Manager can help you keep your data from ending up in the wrong hands. If your phone can’t be recovered, or has been stolen, you can quickly and securely erase all of the data on your device.

Availability and getting started

This service will be available later this month on devices running Android 2.2 or above; to use it, you also will need to be signed into your Google Account. There will also be an Android app to allow you to easily find and manage your devices. Stay tuned!

http://officialandroid.blogspot.pt/2013/08/find-your-lost-phone-with-android.html#!/2013/08/find-your-lost-phone-with-android.html

ah é tipo o serviço k a apple tem

isso é bom e mau, como é que ele activa o serviço? obriga a ligação permanente nao?

also, o tasker tb faz isso :P

Edited by Lancer

Boa cópia do que apple já tem para os seus produtos há que tempos.

Ein? Já desde praticamente que Android existe que varias Apps fazem exactamente isso. A Google agora é que também se lembrou de fazer o serviço.

Mas quem quer um Find my phone, o que não faltam são apps no Google Play.

ia a instalar o Play Services no meu tablet, no entanto diz que já está instalado... Mesmo assim não consigo chegar aí para activar isso. Alguma ideia? GT-P1000, Android 4.2.2, CM 10.1.

Já agora, já há algum site onde se possa controlar a localização do equipamento?

Ainda não se sabe, isto aparece no novo play services, (saiu hoje mas o rollout vai ser gradual ) e isso aparece nas definições, administradores do dispositivo

Não me aparece nada das definições de admin... Diz-me simplesmente que não há admins do dispositivo.

Bom, pelo que vi o serviço abriu hoje https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Já activei isto no tablet, mas quando acedo ao site dá-me erro:

Nenhum dispositivo ativo
Antes de poder utilizar o Gestor de Dispositivos Android, tem de ter um dispositivo Android ativo.

O que é que me está a falhar? Já vi malta a acusar que o site lhes diz location unavaliable, será que é stress do lado da Google?

Edited by undertech