Wimbledon 2013

Coutinho77

Estive para apostar contra a Michelle. Será que agora basta-me pensar? LOL

Olha a maldição do queijo :P

Elas a gritarem não dá para ver sem se rir...

Grunting controversy

During the 2009 French Open and Wimbledon tournaments, Larcher de Brito came under criticism for what by some was considered excessive grunting. Some players and commentators have voiced suspicions that the grunting is used as an unsportmanlike tactic to distract the opponent and that this tactic is actually taught by Nick Bollettieri, who is responsible for the training of Larcher de Brito and other grunting tennis greats. Bollettieri has denied this by saying: "My staff and I have never taught grunting. It isn’t something that is done deliberately to hurt their opponents." He also called for some sort of regulation: "Players on both the men's and women's tours grunt. Something eventually needs to be done." Michelle Larcher de Brito also denies being unsportmanlike and has stated: "Nobody can tell me to stop grunting. Tennis is an individual sport and I'm an individual player. If they have to fine me, go ahead, because I'd rather get fined than lose a match because I had to stop grunting [...] If it has inconvenienced the other player, there's nothing I can really do about it, because I don't really want to change anything. [...] I'm here to win. That's it. If people don't like my grunting they can always leave.".[13] On a more conciliatory note, however, Larcher de Brito has also recently[when?] remarked: "I’m 16 and I’m still learning. Maybe I can eventually put it under control. I don’t know, but I’ll try. It comes from Seles; it comes from Sharapova. It comes from great players.".[14][15] Like Larcher de Brito, Monica Seles and Maria Sharapova were also trained by Nick Bollettieri.

She is known for her loud grunts while executing shots, being noted for surpassing in decibels the likes of Maria Sharapova, Monica Seles, Victoria Azarenka and Venus and Serena Williams, other famous "grunters". In response to criticism from fellow players about this, she defended herself by saying, "I could (stop grunting), but, you know, it won't feel natural, because it feels like something is missing in my game if I just stop."[4]

Edited by justiceer