Curiosity - the end

Lancer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/26/an-interview-with-curiosity-winner-bryan-henderson.aspx

BryanHenderson610.jpg

It's been a whirlwind day for Peter Molyneux's new 22 Cans studio. Not only did the Curiosity experiment come to a close, but the developer has been thrust back into the spotlight.

As you may have read, the prize at the center of the Curiosity cube went to Edinburgh, Scotland resident Bryan Henderson. He'll be providing his ideas for the project and will also be reaping some of the financial rewards. We got in touch with Henderson through 22Cans to ask some questions and learn more about him.

Game Informer: Bryan, tell us a little about yourself.

Bryan Henderson: I'm 18 years old, I'm currently doing an internship for a student newspaper as a graphic designer. I play games quite a lot, since I was very young. My favorite games include Halo 3, Dead Space 3, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 3, and Portal 2.

How long have you been playing Curiosity? How often did you play?

I downloaded the game only about an hour before I won, so I feel a little bad.

Were you a Godus backer on Kickstarter?

I didn't have a clue that it was on Kickstarter.

Have you played previous games by Peter Molyneux?

I haven't played any of his previous games but I have always wanted to try Fable.

Given the nature of Godus and how you'll be shaping it, can you tell us about your own religious philosophies?

Well I'm an atheist myself but I'm okay with everyone believing what they want to believe.

With regard to Godus, you will have an unprecedented amount of power for a layperson over how players experience a game from a famed designer. What's going through your mind right now?

It's very surreal, I'm still trying to take it all in. At the moment I'm not very clear on what I'm going to be able to do, but I do know it's going to be incredible.

What has 22 Cans told you so far about your involvement in the project. What are the first things you'll be doing?

I know just about as much as the public does, I'm waiting to get more details in the near future from Peter.

What questions did you ask Peter Molyneux when you spoke with them?

I asked Peter how this was all going to happen and when. He didn't tell me just yet, all he said was he's going to give me more details soon. I can't wait to hear from him and the 22 Cans team.

Por acaso também só o experimentei neste fim de semana. Durou 10 minutos no telemóvel até me aperceber que estava a perder tempo útil de vida.

Curiosity winner will not reign over Godus forever

The prize for reaching the end of 22 Cans' Curiosity experiment is only temporary, developer Peter Molyneux told Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Last week it was revealed the winner of the cube-clicking game would reign over Molyneyx's upcoming title, Godus, as the game's titular god; however, the developer explains that the god role will be handed off to someone else later down the line.

"What [winner Bryan Henderson] has won is a grace period where he can be god of gods for a certain amount of time. It won't be less than a few months. It might not be more than a year," Molyneux said.

"And then we'll unveil the ability to usurp the god of gods and replace him with someone else. That someone else will then take on all of Bryan's powers."

According to the 22 Cans founder, it "didn't seem right" for one person to take on the role of a permanent god.

"He'll probably be god of gods for an amount of time approaching a year. That'll be a year from release, by the way. It needs to be enough time to make it meaningful for him in every sense of the word," he added.

Additionally, there will be limits to the power of the god, while Bryan can still negotiate with the developers for certain events to take place.

"What they aren't going to be is carte blanche uncontrolled, unrefined decisions that would throw the balance of the game out entirely. Bryan can absolutely request something to happen, and we'll make our best effort to do it. But he can't decide everybody in Canada will explode or anything like that. There are limits to his power," said Molyneux.

Godus is expected in September on Android, iOS, Mac and PC, with an early PC build going out to Kickstarter backers this week.

Agora uma previsão minha:

Para roubar os poderes do à pessoa que os detém, o Molyneux vai por os users a desenhar partes intimas num cubo novo :-..

Edited by Lancer