Noticias Gaming

Mini0n

[BFV] Battlefield 5 Content Breakdown (from Reveal Livestream, Mixer Stream, and JackFrag's video)

Hey there, Battlefielders. At first, I was feeling very uneasy from the trailer because all the ideas seemed really cool, but the trailer made it seem like COD's gameplay. However, JackFrag's video calmed some of my fears (and I'd imagine some of yours). I will try to index everything in a logical manner. However, formatting comes second as I want to get everything down first.

Edit: u/ZzzZandra linked to another trailer breakdown, which I will take a look at and add info

PREMIUM/RELEASE

• No premium pass :D

• Possibly all free post-content

• Not "Pay to Win" - so there's probably cosmetic MTX

• Multiplayer gamplay coming at EA Play, June 9th

• Game releases October 11 (EA Access), October 16 (Deluxe Edition), October 19[?] (Regular Edition)

SETTING

• The game is set in World War 2.

• "Tides of War" - There will be varying fronts/theaters that change every few months. The first one will focus on the mechanized German takeover of Europe. This takes the form of daily, weekly, and monthly challenges/questlines. The rewards is cosmetics and items.

• "Tides of War" will bring new maps, weapons, and vehicles; some time-limited.

• The first few settings will be France, the Netherlands, and North Africa

GAME MODES

• Single player

• "War Stories," like in BF1

• Multiplayer

• Classic (BF4) conquest

• TDM

• Domination

• An "airborne" mode where you spawn as paratroopers

• "Grand Operations," which has multiple gamemodes/objectives included in one and mentioned spending "days" to complete (in game, each day is a full match. You will play ALL FOUR DAYS, even if you lose). I'd highly recommend watching JF's video, starts at 19:00

• Co-op makes a return! It's called "Combined Arms."

• 4-players, play through variety of missions

• Can play through (higher stakes) or extract early (less rewards).

• New dynamic mission creater. New AI. Randomized objectives.

• Parity between co-op and MP soldiers/companies

MISC GAMEPLAY

• No 3D spotting! JF mentioned you "point an enemy out," and possibly ping them like in Rainbow 6, but again, no markers above heads. You must be aware of your environment and spot movement.

• Fortifications - You can now reinforce buildings and strategic areas using your "toolbox." More info under "Construction"

• "Attrition": Players spawn with much less ammo, so they must resupply at base, constructed resupply points, or off dead enemies

• Health no longer regens to 100%; There are levels that one regenerates to after taking damage. (Ex: Down to 64%? You regen to 75% then stop).

• Ragdolls now are server-side: they interact with the environment, i.e.:

• Rag dolls will knock down paintings in houses, or splash into mud puddles

• Dead/downed teammates can be dragged back to cover before being revived. Can be initiated by any limb/head

• Reviving teammates requires an interaction, not just stabbing them with a syringe. You will see their face/customization. Can be initiated from any angle

• All interactions now have animations - getting health, ammo, vaulting, etc. No longer "instant" or "magical AoE" effects. Ex 1: Must grab a medkit by interacting with a supply depot. Ex 2: Must time a ledge grab by hitting the vault button at the right moment

• 3rd person models interact with environment - pushing aside grass, wading through water, put weight into objects when running into them, etc

• Can tow field guns, resupply trailers, etc (see "Vehicles")

• No elite classes/behemoths

• Explosions have knockback to both teams. Will knockback enemies if they're in range but not killed.

• No word on suppression

• All logic controlled server-side. Can be changed instantly at once without need for a patch (cap times, respawn times, etc)

• Better communication than in the past. Roadmaps, visibility, etc

• No info on RSP

• Can experience the animation from the trailer (in MP, not sure what it is)

MOVEMENT

• 360 degrees of shooting (smoothly)

• Can shoot from the back while prone

• Can dive to the front, back, or sides, ALTHOUGH there is a "substantial" delay between diving and shooting to prevent dolphin diving. JF stated the devs said "they were aware of how movement systems can be abused"

• Can only shoot at the apex of a jump

• Player agency: Can shoot during many actions, but shooting depends on how your hands are being used (Ex: two hands on gun = good control/accuracy; vaulting = one hand on gun, poor handling/accuracy; wall climbing = no hands free, no shooting)

• Crouch sprinting!

• Can burst out of windows, roll - no need to destroy window, and it keeps momentum

VEHICLES

• ASYMMETRIC VEHICLES - One team can have tanks that are big/slow/tanky (pun intended), while the other team has fast/agile/lightly armored tanks

• Combat vehicles spawn from the deploy screen, like BF1:

• Tanks

• Planes

• Armored Cars(?)

• Half-tracks are included! Not sure which category

• Transport vehicles are "live on the map," i.e. no need to deploy

• Looks like motorcycles/sidecars returning

• Light armored cars/ personnel carriers

• Squad-only vehicles (see "Squadplay")

• Vehicles can tow things - resupply trailers, AA trailers, field guns, etc

• Trailers can be used by teammates when being towed

GUNPLAY

• No more visual recoil at all

• Unique, fairly predictable recoil patterns.

• Reduced impact of spread / increased control

• LMG bipods easier to use/deploy

• BULLET PENETRATION (higher caliber = more penetration)

• Can throw back grenades

• Can shoot grenades mid-air to cause them to explode

DESTRUCTION

• Now is based on what happens, i.e.:

• If a tank shells explodes outside a house, the house blows inward

• If a tank shells explodes inside the house, the house blows outward

• Driving a tank through a house no longer triggers all of the destruction animations - only what is relevant (i.e. going through a wall will destroy just that wall, and make the house sag towards that side)

• Debris will land and interact with the world; buildings will fall apart over time

CONSTRUCTION

• Players have a "toolbox" they can use to construct defenses:

• Sandbags, foxholes, trenches, build cover/reinforce destroyed buildings, tank traps,

• Support players build faster

• Support players build more offensive defensive items - barbed wire, resupply points, MG nests, field cannons, and possibly more (ladders?).

• Utilities cannot be built everywhere, but are pre-positioned: On capture points, flanking routes, between flags, and destroyable buildings.

SQUAD PLAY

• You are automatically put into a squad when you join a game. You can leave if you'd like

• Squad members can revive each other, even without being a medic.

• Called "Buddy revive."

• Takes longer than a medic revive

• Does not bring them to full health.

• Squad spawning happens before map spawning, and you get a 3rd person view of squad member's screens.

• Can call for help, like in the trailer on the downed teammate on the stairs.

• "Squad Call-ins": When a squad does well, the SL can call in rewards like V1 rockets, resupplies, heavy weapon pick-ups, squad-only vehicles (Churchill Crocodile flamethrower tank was an example). (Author's note: This may play like the "squad perks" from BF4)

CUSTOMIZATION

• Soldier

• Face (look, facial hair, face paint)

• Head (Hats, helmets, etc)

• Clothing (Vests, camo, shorts/pants, gear

• Guns, visual:

• Skins

• Leaves/netting

• Stocks

• Sights

• Muzzles

• Chassis (straps, cloth on parts, etc, - possibly engravings?)

• Guns, stats:

• Affected by the "Archetype system" (see "Classes")

• Vehicles, visual

• Paint

• Camo

• Sandbags

• Boxes

• Bottles

• Teddy bears/horse heads(???)

• Etc, (possibly inscriptions?)

• Vehicles, stats:

• Affected by the "Archetype system" (see "Classes")

• Companies (see below)

CLASSES

• Core Four Return:

• Assault

• Medic

• Support

• Scout

• Once you make a soldier, you assign them to the class you want them to represent.

• "Class Archetype" - skill tree type thing, where you assign points to make a skill tree? You specialize in things - Anti-tank or Anti-infantry as Assault. (Author's Note: Not 100% sure how this works - view JF video, 16:00)

• Gun customization works similarly to the class archetype thing - only thing that affects how it works/feels, only visual customization other than that.

COMPANIES

• You now can create a "Company" of soldiers to represent you/your friends on the battlefield

• "Companies" can be customized with different vehicle types, soldiers, and more (I think) to better suit your role.

Please be kind, I did this in a rush after hearing how different (and I think epic) the next BF title will be. Feel free to correct anything I have (providing a source would be great!) and let me know about any spelling/grammar errors. Thank you!

O Fortnite vive de MTs cosméticas. E vive bem, diga-se de passagem.

Podem lançar free DLCs durante os próximos 10 anos sem ter problemas de guito.

Um jogo destes, que vai sair a $60, pode muito bem fazer o mesmo. Tem uma fanbase gigante. Tem muito bom aspecto. Free DLCs com daily/weekly/monthly quests tem tudo para lhes correr bem.

Estou a ver os vídeos que aqui puseram.

As armas vão poder ser customizadas. No trailer vê-se uma com foliage. O JF fala de 5 a 7 pontos de customização.
O mesmo vai acontecer para chars e veículos.

Isto em termos de MT cosméticas é uma mina de ouro!!! Caguem lá nos DLCs pagos. Isto sim dá guito. E o mundo que bote os olhos e faça o mesmo. Pagas (ou não) o jogo e a partir daí é suportado por MT cosméticas.

No Fortnite é o fato, glider, picareta e emotes e é o que se sabe. Imagino aqui, com merdinhas se calhar até baratas mas com tanta oferta... ui ui.

30 minutes ago, Kinas_ said:

Diz que a prótese da gaja tb é "customizable". :-.. 

por algo um pouco mais fálico. :)

Edited by Batunaz

A comunidade gaming e youtube em geral deve muito ao TB. Em particular a PCMR, certos standards de qualidade em jogos não seriam hoje levados a sério se ele não tivesse projectado a mensagem da comunidade, particularmente PC ports.

Acho cedo para um Fallout 5, principalmente tendo o 4 desapontado.
Há malta a falar num remake do 3 (ou até do 1 e 2). Se bem que com o motor de jogo do 4 (muita gente queixa-se disso) acaba por ser "meh".
Há malta a falar num Fallout para a Switch.

Só vendo, provavelmente na E3.

Also, a Obsidian já disse que não são eles.