Ios E Android - As Diferenças

Archie

O sensation tem uma caixa de metal, como é que não é mais resistente?

É que nem tens comparação por isso é que é mais pesado

Para te dar um exemplo, o que não falta é pessoal a queixar-se dá tampa da bateria que ao abrir parte

A minha capa ja ta um pouco partida de abrir.

O sensation é diferente do desire S, é feito numa caixa única. Se a tirar e como se tivesse aberto o telefone

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="580" height="357">

BTW não me importa minimamente de mais 50 gramas de peso, nem noto mas garanto-te que a diferença para o S2 nota-se e muito.

Tal como o sensation é o P990 que também é metal, agora juro que não percebo a Samsung, qualquer dos concorrentes nota-se uma solidez, até o iphone pega-se naquilo e nota-se que é sólido. O galaxy S2 se um gajo apertar aquilo até range...

Perks... se percebi bem, os visores da HTC são todos da Sony?

Acho que sim, quando a HTC teve o "problema" com a Samchunga, em que os oled esgotaram, teve que arranjar rapidamente um fornecedor, ou o desire tinha tido uma série limitada a poucos milhares de unidades.

Na altura foi a Sony que começou a fornecer os Slcd e acho que se manteve

Edited by Perks

Eu pelo contrário fiquei muito contente quando vi este sistema de abertura, se quiser trocar a caixa é a coisa mais fácil do mundo, e posso comprar no ebay por 20 ou 30 euros uma nova

O ecrã está sempre bem, por causa do protetor a caixa é que às vezes fica mais marcada

Se vissem o filme que é trocar a caixa do Desire hd, dasse

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="580" height="357">

:lol:

Edited by Perks

Por acaso até teres chamado atenção nem tinha visto, mas agora também o interesse é pouco, o processo já é só sobre o design dos Samsucks, e não sobre o Android em si :)

E infelizmente tenho para mim que nesta questão do design a Apple até tem alguma razão

Edited by Perks

Eu pelo contrário fiquei muito contente quando vi este sistema de abertura, se quiser trocar a caixa é a coisa mais fácil do mundo, e posso comprar no ebay por 20 ou 30 euros uma nova

O ecrã está sempre bem, por causa do protetor a caixa é que às vezes fica mais marcada

Se vissem o filme que é trocar a caixa do Desire hd, dasse

">

iOS After Android

Death_to_the_iEmpire_by_aoisora9x.jpg

People often say that Android is a copy of iOS. They always show off what the original Android UI would have looked like if iOS never existed. Although I agree that the initial launch version of Android was very reflective of Apple’s mobile OS, since then Android has been ahead in numerous ways. Android continues to blaze past iOS and competition without any hesitation. It brings more and more innovative features to the table than most people can even keep up with. Being both a user and developer, it’s exciting to see how far both the framework and user-end of the platform have come. But ever since the first iteration of Android, iOS seems more and more…familiar. In fact, here are some obvious influences Android had on iOS.

Note: I’m not saying that iOS being influenced by Android is wrong. On the contrary, I believe this is what technology is about – learning from each other and forcing others to improve their products. I’m just pointing these things out because it seems too many people give iOS credit for things Android made famous.

Artigo muito longo, a quem esta introdução interessou pode continuar a ler aqui que vale a pena wink4.gif :

http://techthirst.com/?p=414
[/CODE]

Edited by Perks

Android to Overtake iOS in App Downloads This Year

Many have underestimated Android’s fast growth in the past, and some still do even now. But Android is going to put another “win” on its belt this year when it will overtake iOS (that’s iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) in number of app downloads.

According to the research firm Ovum, Android is expected to reach 8.1 billion downloads, this year, while Apple’s iOS will count 6 billion app downloads. Last year, Apple reached 2.7 billion downloads, while Android only 1.4 billion. That’s more than 2x growth for iOS and more than 6x growth for Android, all in just one year.

Android app downloads are expected to grow to double the number of iOS app downloads by 2016, but even though I expect Android’s growth in all areas to start slowing down (law of large numbers), I still think it has the potential to have much more than that by 2016.

Once a platform becomes the leader and the others can’t catch-up anymore, that platform gets a disproportionate amount of 3rd party support. So even if Android ultimately only has double or triple iOS’ market share, the 3rd party support could be 5-10x bigger by the end of the decade, especially when Android really starts dominating other countries where Apple doesn’t have a very big influence, developing nations, and so on.

This is also why developers who can make their apps ad-based and free will probably reap a lot of rewards once Android becomes massive in these countries, and should make more money than on any other platform. Google is the best positioned to monetize these free apps for developers because of their relationship with international advertisers and because they bought the biggest mobile ad network – Admob

• 3 months later...

Vamos lá a ver se não descambo isto outra vez sleep.png

Não meto o titulo pois parece-me que não está de acordo com a noticia e partilho quase totalmente a opinião

Apple CEO Steve Jobs hated the Android smartphone operating system so much that he vowed he would spend his last dying breath and every penny Apple had in the bank trying to destroy it. Android, created by Google, entered the market after Apple but soon gained greater market share. A lot of Apple fans dismiss Android as a ripoff of Apple’s ideas, and a crappy one at that.

817-grey.gif

But oddly enough, Steve Wozniak, who co-founded Apple with Jobs in 1976, says he’s a big fan of Android phones. Woz says he still thinks Apple’s iPhone is the best overall smartphone, but he says there are ways in which Android has leapt ahead of Apple.

“My primary phone is the iPhone,” Woz says. “I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does, I really do.”

Woz says voice commands work better on Android. Android’s built-in navigation system, where the phone acts like a GPS system, is another advantage, he says.

Android phones aren’t as simple to use as the iPhone, but they’re not that much more complicated, and “if you’re willing to do the work to understand it a little bit, well I hate to say it, but there’s more available in some ways,” Woz says.

Woz caused a stir recently when he showed up on the Google campus to pick up a pre-release version of Google’s latest flagship phone, the Galaxy Nexus, and had his picture taken with a bunch of Googlers outside the Android development building.

1326498393676.jpg

As it turns out, Woz wasn’t crazy about the Galaxy Nexus—he likes the Motorola Droid Razr better—but unlike a lot of Apple bloggers and fans, Woz harbors no ill will toward Google and the Android development team.

He and Andy Rubin, the head of the Android project, are old friends. Woz was on the board of Rubin’s previous company, Danger, which made a smartphone called the Sidekick. “I’ve known Andy a long time, and I respect him a lot,” Woz says.

There’s a theory that Android could do to iOS (Apple’s mobile operating system) what Microsoft Windows did to the Macintosh in the 1990s. Microsoft triumphed because it licensed its software to many different hardware makers and ultimately had much greater market share than Apple, which would only sell its operating system on its own hardware.

In the mobile space, Apple is using the same playbook, tying its software tightly to its own hardware. And with Android, Apple is facing the same kind of foe that it once faced in Windows. “I can see the similarity,” Woz says.

Worse yet, this time, he says, Apple is up against a stronger competitor, since in his mind Windows was never a very good program, while Android actually is. “There’s not as big a difference [between iOS and Android] as there was between Mac and Windows,” he says.

The other difference involves applications. It took a long time before applications looked as good on Windows as they did on the Mac. But with Android, that’s not the case. In fact, in some ways Android might have an edge.

Woz says he recently spoke to a developer at Foursquare who said Apple’s bureaucratic approval process slows app developers down, whereas on Android, developers can get programs out faster and work on making tweaks and revisions in less time.

Then there’s Siri, Apple’s new voice-recognition software. Woz says he’s been using Siri for a long time and used to love it when it was an independent application created for the iPhone.

But ever since Apple bought Siri and built the software into the iPhone 4S, it doesn’t work as well as it used to.

“I used to ask Siri, ‘What are the five biggest lakes in California?’ and it would come back with the answer. Now it just misses. It gives me real estate listings. I used to ask, ‘What are the prime numbers greater than 87?’ and it would answer. Now instead of getting prime numbers, I get listings for prime rib, or prime real estate,” Woz says.

Worse, a lot of the time Siri says it can’t make a connection to the back-end servers that power the system. “With the iPhone 4 I could press a button and call my wife. Now on the 4S I can only do that when Siri can connect over the Internet. But many times it can’t connect. I’ve never had Android come back and say, ‘I can’t connect over the Internet.’

• 3 weeks later...

iOS-VS-Android.jpg

Android vs iOS – Which Is Really More Stable? New Data May Surprise You

OS stability has always been a big concern when choosing which device you’re going to upgrade to. When it comes to the battle between Android and iOS, Apple fanboys would have you believe that their mobile OS is a smooth and steady as an ocean liner, but as history has taught us, some titans —sink. In my talks with friends and acquaintances on why they’ve chosen iOS over Android, I’ve heard everything from, “It just works,” to the argument that “Android is just too fragmented,” or “Apps constantly force close.”

Well, then you would assume that data gathered from Crittercism — a research startup that analyzes mobile app crashes — would show that iOS suffers from fewer, if any, app crashes when compared to Android. Right? Wrong.

app-crashes-bar-graph1-550x409.png

crashes-ios-android-piegraph1-550x374.png

Surprisingly, Crittercism’s data (gathered from more than 214 million app launches between November and December of 2011) shows that apps on iOS crashed much more frequently than comparable apps on Android. Just take a look at that pie graph. It’s easily dominated by iOS, covering nearly 75% of total crashes. Yup. I was just as blown away as you. Numbers don’t lie.

Now, the reasons for these app crashes are numerous. Everything from iOS 5 being new to the market, problems with hardware, internet connectivity, language support, or just plain ‘ol poorly coded apps. It can even be argued that because there are so many more iOS devices than Andr– oh, wait. I almost forgot. There isn’t.

Even with this newly released data, I almost still don’t believe it. Android. With all the talks of fragmentation, force closes and incompatible apps, could somehow turn out to be more stable than iOS? Well, slap my momma and call me Sally. Who’d-a-thunkit.

Now, I’m sure this will come off as the flames of an Android fanboy but I assure you, I’m not hating. Just found this information interesting and felt like sharing. Did this data surprise any of you?

http://phandroid.com/2012/02/03/android-vs-ios-which-is-really-more-stable-new-data-may-surprise-you/

Atenção que isto comprova mais a fiabiliade das apps do que o sistema operativo em si.

Uma coisa que no entanto se pode concluir é que as apps do Market são mais coesas do que as da Apple store.

Atenção que isto comprova mais a fiabiliade das apps do que o sistema operativo em si.

Uma coisa que no entanto se pode concluir é que as apps do Market são mais coesas do que as da Apple store.

Not really :-..

Isto só prova que a VM Dalvik é melhor que o iOS a correr as apps. A maior parte dos crashes devem (especulação minha) ser relacionados com memória, pois no iOS não existe um Garbage Collector automático e no Java (que depois de compilado corre na VM) o mesmo já é automático.