Mount & Blade Glasgow

Lancer

Pitched Battle: Mount & Blade Glasgow

glasgow.jpg

I’m not sure how we managed to miss this. I’m also not entirely sure that we mightn’t have been better off continuing to miss this. Gangs of Glasgow is what happens if medieval warfare sim Mount & Blade was transposed to modern Glasgow, Scotland – or at least an exaggerated version of it where the extreme football hooliganism, rioting and assorted other urban violence is worse than it already is/was. On the one hand, bringing so much – from police cars to football stadiums – into a game about dudes with swords on horses is an amazing technical achievement. On the other… well, I don’t know about you, but I’m making a face that tries to convey something I couldn’t begin to describe accurately.

But I’ll try! It’s a sort of raised-eyebrowed grimace with pursed lips and wide, shocked eyes that can’t look away, and the best meaning for it I can come up with is ‘this is incredibly wrong but quite funny in an incredibly dark and twisted way but mostly disturbing and I don’t know if I should be posting about it but it’s amazing in its way but also horrible and I don’t really know what to think or say about it.’

Here’s a few general in-game clips:

LOL

Para os que não conhecem o Mount & Blade é um simulador\rpg\estrategia de batalhas medievais. Apesar dos gráficos datados a gameplay é muito boa e permite batalhas de escalas epicas na 3a pessoa.

Isto é um mod\parodia feita no Mount & Blade aos hooligans de Glasgow.