Top Gear Series 17

MotorBreath

boys1.jpg?w=458&h=258

Well, we did say we’d have some information about the new series this week. So in order to quash various internet rumours flying around, here it is. In bold.

Top Gear is back on Sunday 26 June. 8pm. BBC Two and BBC HD.

That’s the official news. You can tell from the full stop.

We won’t give much more away than that for now, but we’ll have a whole lot more on the new series for you all in the coming weeks.

James was floating around the office yesterday regaling us with tales of his new Toy Stories train battle with the Germans (which is itself on this Sunday, BBC Two and BBC HD, 8pm).

And according to the newly shorn part-time fashion designer: “Well, there’s some affordable performance cars, some electric cars, some actual racing, some proper demolition, some silly cars, and Top Gear’s attempt to improve public transport, which I think is going to be absolutely brilliant.

“Did you see some of the clips on the Formula One last Sunday of us in the hot hatches going round the Monaco Grand Prix Circuit? That’s part of the new series, and that was great, very intimidating. I’m not very good at driving around tracks anyway, and if you get it wrong there you have a crash. I used to watch F1 a lot years ago and it felt really special for us to be allowed to go round it. That will be a good film.”

Unleash your excitement in the comments box below. And while you wait, here are some of your most-watched behind-the-scenes moments from series 16…

The continuing saga of Andy Wilman’s lucky pants

James and the Fiat 500

Richard and Jeremy discuss James’ unfortunate death

Richard attends the morning meeting

:-..