Aronofsky Afinla Nao Vai Realizar Novo Wolverine

alienmem

Darren Aronofsky has exited "The Wolverine," saying the length of the shoot would have kept him away from his family for too long.

The "Black Swan" director split from his longtime partner Rachel Weisz last fall. The couple have a young son, Henry Chance, together.

Aronofsky was considered something of an offbeat choice for the "X-Men" sequel, having made his name primarily in arthouse films such as "The Wrestler" and "Requiem for a Dream."

The director and Twentieth Century Fox today issued the following statements about his decision to leave the big budget sequel.

Stated Aronofsky: "As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of ‘The Wolverine’ would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again."

Stated Twentieth Century Fox: “While we are of course disappointed that Darren can’t do ‘The Wolverine’, we also understand and respect his reasons. Having done both ‘The Wrestler’ and ‘Black Swan’ with Darren, we know he is an extraordinary talent and we look forward to working with him on other projects in the future. Hugh Jackman and Fox both remain fully committed to making ‘The Wolverine’. We will regroup and move forward aggressively.”