Hawken

Mini0n

• 10 months later...
Gorgeous Mech Shooter Hawken Arrives Free-to-Play in December

With each new clip and screenshot of its indie shooter capturing the hearts and minds of mech lovers around the globe, Adhesive Games further ingratiates its growing fan base with the news that Hawken is coming in December, and it will be free-to-play.

Remember back when free-to-play either meant a game was of relatively poor quality or on Facebook? Now we're getting massive mechs doing battle across futuristic landscapes ripped straight from our most elaborate anime dreams.

This is a trend I can get behind.

According to an exclusive story over at VentureBeat, the small team at Adhesive Games will be publishing Hawken as a free-to-play title in December under its Meteor Entertainment division. Adhesive took inspiration for the free-to-play model from the success of Riot Games' wildly popular League of Legends.

To which I say whatever, free mechs.

The only thing better than free mechs is closed beta access to free mechs, which you can currently sign up for at www.playhawken.com.

clap.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Hawken Team Given $10 Million Because Hawken Looks Awesome

Indie multiplayer shooter Hawken, which stole my heart, stuffed it in a mech then begged me to come get it back, has always attracted attention for how good it looked despite it being the product of a small studio, Adhesive Games.

Note I say small and not poor, because the guys who are working on it just got $10 million in cash to help bring it to the market.

The money comes courtesy of a band of investors, among them Benchmark Capital and FirstMark Capital, who are no newcomers to up-and-coming gaming outfits, having helped League of Legends' Riot Games get a leg-up.

With the game already obviously well underway, and with a planned release this December as a free-to-play title, the new money is mostly going to Adhesive's parent company and publisher Meteor Entertainment, where it will "support Meteor's expansion over the next year and make it possible to publish Hawken as a free-to-play game."

Assim vale a pena!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...