Ps3S Suffering From Global Network Lockdown

Mini0n

PS3s Suffering From Global Network Lockdown

All around the world, PlayStation 3 consoles simply aren't working like they're supposed to, with an error preventing people from not just going online, but from playing some PS3 games offline as well.

From Europe to the Americas to, well, my house in Australia, users (mostly of older "Fat" consoles, those released before 2009's "PS3 Slim") are complaining that upon booting their consoles up, they're unable to sign into their accounts, check their trophies, use dynamic themes or access the PlayStation Network. That's fine, Sony say there are PSN connection problems, and that they are "looking into it".

Problem is, the error does more than just prevent you from going online. It prevents you from playing certain games offline as well. Even for some consoles that aren't connected to the PSN, like debug units. The screen above is what I was greeted with on a retail console when attempting to play Heavy Rain, and pressing out of it simply reboots the PS3, returning you to the main menu screen. It's the same story for other games that feature dynamic trophy support.

PSN games are no different; I tried to boot up "Flower", only to be greeted with a similar message about failed copyright protection, and it was right back to the XMB.

Sony say "stay tuned" for updates on the problem. In turn, we've emailed Sony for comment and will update if we hear anything more.

While theories abound that this has something to do with the calendar on older PS3s (some users are reporting their date/time settings have been reset), bear in mind Sony has redesigned its PlayStation website over the weekend, so it could be the result of some tinkering under the hood for the PlayStation Network. Then again, if consoles not connected to the PSN are also affected, it could be something else. Who knows!

Whatever it is, though, you have to wonder at the design process that turns a network outage into something stopping you from playing an offline, singleplayer title.

UPDATE - Sony has updated on an update, saying "We're narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all. Updates as soon as we have them."

UPDATE 2 - A mass story-telling session on internet gaming forum NeoGAF points towards the issue potentially being related to a calendar bug in older PlayStation 3 consoles, not the PlayStation Network as was first suspected. Bear in mind this is mob science, however, and is by no means official confirmation on the cause of the problem.

Bem-vindo a 2010... onde para jogar Flower na Ps3 é preciso estar ligado à internet. Senão não jogas nada! Bravo...

Edited by Batunaz

Uma explicação avançada mas não oficialmente confirmada relaciona estes problemas com uma falha na programação do calendário das Playstations 3 anteriores ao lançamento da Slim, sobre o já referido "Bug 28 Fev-1 Mar", e não um problema da Playstation Network.

Se assim o for, é um problema que se pode resolver por si só dentro de 24 horas, quando o calendário avançar mais um dia. No entanto, a Sony já está a trabalhar no problema e a procurar soluções.

Vamos lá ver...

15qp8y9.gif

:lol:

Não é propriamente um problema dos servers da Sony, é do relógio interno da consola. Como a data volta a 2000, os jogos comprados e troféus ganhos depois dessa data, ou seja, todos, pura e simplesmente desaparecem...

Edit, dos fórums PSN:

Here's what's going on right now: something with the PS3's internal clock has borked in some pre-slim models. This is not a PSN issue; it has to do with your PS3's clock. This clock is NOT related to the OS clock. It seems to be a leap year bug. Setting your clock ahead will do nothing. All PS3s around the world were affected at the exact same time.

Does this affect me?

-If you have a Slim PS3, you're good to go. Continue playing it as normal.

-If you have a "fat" PS3, you may be affected. Some fat PS3s have worked ok, but it seems a good majority have been bugged.

What does this bug mean?

-If affected, your date and time has been set to a random past date. This prevents you from signing into PSN, playing any PSN games, or using any DLC. Your trophies will also not display correctly or be able to sync.

How do I fix it?

-You can't. Even if you don't sign into PSN, it won't help. This is a hardware issue.

So, what do I do?

-Wait 24 hours. Other products that have had similar bugs have corrected themselves after the "bugged" day. On Monday around 8pm central time, all PS3s will automatically correct themselves...maybe.

-If that doesn't work, we'll need a firmware update from Sony, which should be a pretty important priority for them right now.

Did I lose my data/themes/etc?

Your save data/games/dlc/themes are fine. They'll be fixed when the PS3 is fixed. Trophies are uncertain right now, but they'll be fine if you've synced them before the PS3 was bugged. Unsynced trophies are an unknown right now.

If I have a bugged PS3, can I still use it?

It's probably not a good idea, as I have no idea what will happen to the trophies you earn during the bugged time. Movies/media will work fine.

Edited by airjoca

O que aconteceu é que o relógio interno da Ps3 pensa que o dia de hoje é 29 de Fevereiro. E quando dá essa informação ao Sistema Operativo da consola, este não aceita essa data pois sabe que este ano não existe 29 de Fevereiro. Logo manda o ano 2000 cá para fora :lol:

PlayStation Network Service Restored

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally. If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Blog PS

PlayStation Network Service Restored

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally. If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Blog PS

LOL. Daqui a 4 anos voltamos à mesma dança! Não tou a ver os tipos preocuparem-se muito com isso... Entretanto, o mais provável é já haver mais pessoal com a PS3 SLIM que a FAT. Hehehehehe. "Deixa passar o dia e funciona. Nós estamos a tentar resolver!!" - De certeza que o fabrico da PS3 FAT não é tuga?

Bem, foi um bug grande, mas não tão grande que lixasse PS3 ao pessoal... Apenas os deixou sem vício e foram obrigados a ir lá fora andar de bicicleta. lolol. :-..