Hitman 2

Mini0n

Second Hitman Movie Has A Writer

Love it or hate it, the movie adaptation of Eidos' Hitman series made 20th Century Fox a great deal of money, and now they've hired screenwriter Kyle Ward to make them some more.

The news of Ward's hiring comes by way of IESB, who confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the young writer had been tapped to deliver a treatment for the second Hitman film. No stranger to video game films, Kyle also penned the screenplay for Kane & Lynch, another Eidos property currently undergoing the movie treatment.

Of course, movies get treatments all the time, so this is in no way confirmation that the movie is indeed coming, but seeing as the original took in $100 million at the box office and tons more in DVD sales, it's a safe bet that 20th Century Fox will do everything in their power to make it happen. Who knows? Maybe this time they'll go with a slightly more appropriate actor.

slightly more appropriate... :-..

Prefiro o Olyphant ao Statham como Hitman.

X2...deixem lá tar o Statham a fazer o Crank, que pode ir até ao 123123341414 :-.. Não o tou a ver como Hitman...é demasiado sério.

Este Olyphant...n me aqueceu nem me arrefeceu, mas pronto. Não me tou a lembrar agora de ninguém melhor para o papel...

• 11 months later...
Hitman 2 Has a Director. He Is...

They are making another movie based on the Hitman video games. Why?

Well, because the first one made money. It grossed nearly US$40 million in the US, but did much better abroad, pulling in over $60 million. The film's budget was $30 mil.

Studio Twentieth Century Fox has scribe Kyle Ward (Uncharted movie script, Kane & Lynch script) attached to do the script. Actor Timothy Olyphant played lead Agent 47 in the first film, but is not confirmed for the sequel.

"It's not on my schedule. If they want me to do another one," the actor said last August. "I supposed they could have me, yes... What I can tell you about Hitman is that I'm thrilled that it was as successful as it was and it was a really nice opportunity and I appreciate that opportunity."

Last month, however, the actor expressed displeasure to The Guardian about shaving his head for the part: "That part I could have done without. I felt I'd spent years ducking that responsibility and that kind of commitment. But with that kind of movie there comes all kinds of baggage, and that stuff I find I could do without."

Fox is bringing in Spanish director Daniel Benmayor to make his Hollywood debut with the sequel. Benmayor has made a name for himself shooting Spanish commercials for Sony PSP, Renault, Mercedes, Samsung and more. (Check out his ads here.) His first film, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDzbfNcuQgM, is about a game of paintball that goes horribly wrong.