Bmw M Concept Design By Idries Noah

karkov

A visão de um designer sobre o que poderia ser um rival do R8 lançado pela BMW

(from Idries Noah) I grew impatient waiting for BMW to bring out an R8 rival, so I decided to design my own version of it. The recipe was simple. It needed to look Aggressive, Sleek, Agile and totally different from anything on the road today.

Usually I’d study legendary cars and draw inspiration from that. When designing the Ferrari F250 Concept e.g. I drew inspiration from cars like the Dino and 250GTO. This time however I needed

to clear my head and come up with something totally unique while still keeping some BMW details.

So elements like the trademark grille and hockey stick pillar remain. My inspiration for this design however came from nature. More specifically water and the way it flows and ripples. The side

detailing was inspired by what’s called in surfing terms “ a Barrel or Tube”. It’s where the wave is hollow when it breaks.

Dimension wise the car is roughly the same as the R8 and would be powered by a tweaked version of the 5L V10 found in the M6. It should be good for 400kw plus. If this car had to go into production in today’s day and age it would probably lose most of its aggressiveness and bold design features

And that’s sad because imagine pulling up next to an R8 in this….

Posted ImagePosted Image