F1: Noticias

Lexxinghton

• 3 weeks later...

‘There’s no place for democracy anywhere’ says Ecclestone as he hails Blatter and Putin

Bernie Ecclestone railed against “democracy” and urged an overhaul of F1’s rules in an interview with Russian television.
Speaking to the Russian government-backed channel RT Ecclestone repeated his call to “tear up the rulebook”.

“We are in show business,” he said. “The minute we stop entertaining, we’re in trouble.”

Asked about past comments that F1’s rule-making process had become “too democratic”, Ecclestone answered “I don’t think there’s any place for democracy, full stop. Anywhere.”

However he also claimed Formula One is only superficially democratic. “It appears to be a democracy, perhaps,” he said.

“I think, if you can get people to, more or less, fall in line with what you’re trying to do and support you, then it seems like democracy, which is exactly what democracy should be seeming like.”

Ecclestone reiterated his staunch backing for Russian president Vladimir Putin – “I’m his best supporter” – and like Putin threw his backing behind Sepp Blatter, the embattled president of football’s governing body FIFA who has been charged with corruption.

“I don’t think he should have ever stepped down and I don’t think he should have ever been challenged,” said Ecclestone, “because it’s because of him we have a lot of countries around the world that are now playing football.”

“And if these people allegedly have been corrupted to make things happen in their country, it’s good. It’s a tax football had to pay.”
Ahead of next week’s United States Grand Prix, Ecclestone said F1 “ought to try and beef up a little bit in America” but admitted “it’s hard for me”.

“I’m not very enthusiastic about America,” he said. “The biggest problem with them is that they believe they’re the greatest sort of power in the world.”

“It’s difficult, because, they are a big island, so they are a bit isolated,” he added. “They are slowly starting to learn what other people in the world do”.

dSjw8q0.jpg

Para mim a melhor notícia até agora é a das marcas que produzem motores, Ferrari e Mercedes principalmente, passarem a ser obrigadas a vender motores a iguais aos dos seus carros e não motores de cliente. Acho que vai equilibrar algumas coisas. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Renault confirms Lotus takeover

Renault has confirmed its return as a full constructor in Formula One next year following its takeover of the Lotus team.
The announcement promises to secure the future of the team which ended 2015 with obvious financial problems.
Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn said he had been faced with “two options: to come back at 100 percent or leave.”

“After a detailed study, I have decided that Renault will be in Formula One, starting 2016,” he explained. “The final details supplied by F1’s main stakeholders gave us the confidence to accept this new challenge.”

However Ghosn sounded a note of caution that success might not come quickly for the manufacturer, which won the constructors’ championship in 2005 and 2006. “Our ambition is to win,” he said, “even if it will take some time.”
Renault powered Red Bull to consecutive championship successes between 2010 and 2013. However in announcing its comeback today the team noted “the payback as an engine supplier proved to be limited”.

“As a full team, Renault will take maximum benefit from its victories,” it added. “The return on the investment necessitated by the new engine regulations and the return in terms of image were low.”

Renault said the work on its takeover of Lotus was now yet complete but they intend to finish it “in the shortest timeframe possible”.
“The principal contracts were signed on December 3rd, 2015,” it noted. “Lotus F1 Team effectively stands out as the best partner. Renault and Lotus F1 Team have known each other for 15 years and were world champions together in 2005 and 2006.”

The French manufacturer sold its stake in the Enstone-based outfit at the end of 2009, though it continued to race under the Renault name until 2011, after which it became Lotus. Renault added it will provide further details about its plans for the team next month.

This article will be updated.