F1: Noticias

Lexxinghton

Sainz to race alongside Verstappen at Toro Rosso in 2015

Scuderia Toro Rosso have announced that Carlos Sainz Junior will partner Max Verstappen in an all-new 2015 driver line-up. 

The Spaniard, who recently became the youngest ever winner of the World Series by Renault title, replaces Jean-Eric Vergne who announced his departure from the Italian team earlier this week. 

“I am really happy to have landed the drive with Scuderia Toro Rosso,” said Sainz, who at 20 is three years older than new team mate Verstappen.

“Ever since I have been part of Red Bull’s Young Driver Programme, this has been my aim and I want to thank Red Bull for putting their faith in me. I have had a very successful season in World Series by Renault this year and now I am looking forward to taking the step up to Formula One. 

“I tested for a day with Toro Rosso last year and I liked the atmosphere in the team. In the next few months I will be working hard on my preparation, ready to get in the cockpit in Jerez for the first test of next year. It will be nice to make my ‘official’ debut as a Formula One driver in my home country!”

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost added: “With Carlos Sainz joining Max Verstappen in our driver line-up next year, we continue the Toro Rosso tradition of providing youngsters from the Red Bull Junior Driver Programme with their first steps in Formula One. 

“I have watched Carlos progress through the junior categories, always improving as he moved higher up the ladder, culminating in a well-deserved win in this year’s World Series. However, I also remember the day’s testing he did with us at Silverstone in 2013 in the STR8. He really surprised me and his engineers that day, with his mature approach and his speed.”

The son of double world rally champion Carlos Sainz, Sainz Junior began his single-seater career in Formula BMW, before moving up the ranks through Formula Renault 2.0, British Formula 3 and GP3. 

Earlier this week he added to his two previous days of F1 testing by taking the wheel for Red Bull in their final test outing of the year in Abu Dhabi. 

O esperado...

also,

Wolff appointed Williams test driver

Williams have announced that Susie Wolff will step up to the position of official test driver for the 2015 season. 

The British racer had previously held the title of development driver, a role which culminated in her becoming the first female driver to drive in a Grand Prix event for two decades when she took part in FP1 in Britain and Germany.

In her expanded new role Wolff, 31, will drive the Mercedes-powered FW37 in two FP1 sessions during 2015, as well as at two test days. She will also conduct extensive simulator testing to help aid development of the Williams’ 2015 and 2016 challengers. 

Speaking about her new role Wolff said: “This is another step in the right direction for me. I am delighted Williams are recognising my progression, hard work and that it is performance that counts. 

“Williams is at a very exciting stage in its history and we are moving into 2015 with fantastic momentum, I’m proud to be part of the team. I’ll be using my position to work closely with Felipe (Massa)and Valtteri (Bottas) to make sure that the FW37 builds on the strong performance shown by the FW36.”

Williams’ deputy team principal Claire Williams added: “We are delighted to have Susie continuing with the team next season in this new role. She continues to impress us with her strong technical knowledge, the feedback she delivers and the performance when she drives the car both on the track and in the simulator. 

“She has steadily increased her time behind the wheel since she joined us in April 2012 and her appointment as official test driver was a natural progression. We have a very strong and stable driver line-up for 2015 and this will be a key asset as we look to build on a positive 2014 season.”

Indefinições já só mesmo na McLaren...

Edited by Alexius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ferrari unveils its vision of future F1 car design

Ferrari has revealed a striking vision for how the future of Formula One car design could look. The Ferrari F1 Concept was created by their Centro Stile Ferrari design studio.
The team say the design was born of a desire to “come up with an F1 car which not only is technologically advanced but also captivating to the eye and aggressive-looking”.
“Could this be made without having to overturn the current technical rules? At Ferrari, we believe so.”
“Minimal changes give the car a look that is way different from what have been familiar with so far,” they added. “Our challenge was to create something that was – to put it short – better looking.”
The team’s ‘F1 Concept’ shows a car with a twin-deck front wing and bodywork sculpted around the front and rear wheels.
The car is shown on low profile wheels similar to those tested by Pirelli last season.
dVT7NE0.jpg
OgEGHoG.jpg

:y:

Way ahead of ya, @ScuderiaFerrari ;) #X2014 #GT6 pic.twitter.com/aGpwUK3uYM

— Red Bull Motorsports (@redbullmotors)

February 17, 2015

nope.

A Sky Sports acaba de informar que os resultados do TAC efetuado a Fernando Alonso indicam que o piloto espanhol da McLaren-Honda não sofreu qualquer lesão.

Alonso sofreu um acidente no final da manhã deste domingo, nos testes que decorrem no circuito da Catalunha, e foi transportado para uma unidade hospitalar na área de Barcelona, onde ficará internado entre 24 a 48 horas.

O McLaren-Honda do piloto espanhol  saiu de pista e bateu no muro interior entre as curvas 3 e 4 do traçado de Montmeló, temendo-se o pior na altura. Especula-se que Alonso se terá sentido mal, perdendo o controlo do carro.

• 2 weeks later...

Alonso: «Sou o Fernando, corro nos karts e quero chegar à Fórmula 1»

Fernando Alonso perdeu o controlo do seu McLaren no último dia de testes em Montmeló e acabou por embater no muro entre as curvas 3 e 4 do traçado catalão. As razões do acidente ainda estão por descobrir mas a imprensa vai revelando episódios que se passaram logo após a chegada do pessoal autorizado junto do espanhol. Primeiro, o "Sport You" adiantou que o ex-piloto da Ferrari proferiu várias palavras em italiano. Agora, o "El Pais" vai mais longe: Alonso sofreu uma breve perda de memória que o fez esquecer os últimos 20 anos de corridas.

Segundo o diário do país vizinho, os profissionais médicos perguntaram a Alonso "Quem és? O que fazes? O que queres ser no futuro?", num teste básico realizado para tentar perceber se um indivíduo sofreu uma comoção cerebral. A resposta do asturiano foi cómica... "Sou o Fernando, corro nos karts e quero chegar à Fórmula 1!". Em poucos minutos, o campeão do Mundo na Fórmula 1 esqueceu o início de carreira na categoria-rainha do desporto motorizado, pela Minardi (2001), assim como os êxitos pela Renault, McLaren ou Ferrari.

Neste momento apenas é certo que o piloto espanhol não irá participar no Grande Prémio da Austrália, que se disputa entre 13 e 15 de março.

Ele desmaiou dentro do carro antes de embater, quando os medicos chegaram ao carro ele ainda estava desmaiado. A Mclaren abafou o assunto com a desculpa que o carro tinha apanhado uma forte rajada de vento e que ele não o tinha conseguido controlar.

Já se pode abrir tópico para a temporada 2015, é já este fim de semana o primeiro grande prémio.

Pelos tempos livre de hoje parece que vai ser mais do mesmo da época passada. Espero estar enganado.