F1: Noticias

Lexxinghton

• 1 month later...

Max Verstappen may be supremely talented but he'll still have much to prove as Formula One's youngest ever driver
  • Max Verstappen, 16, will make his Formula One debut for Toro Rosso next season and become the youngest driver in history at 17 years of age
  • Young Dutchman looked composed in front of the media this week and has been welcomed into the sport by the other drivers
  • Jenson Button admitted he was not ready for F1 until the age of 23
  • Jacques Villeneuve was sceptical about the decision, saying F1 should be the pinnacle of a career, not the beginning
  • Bernie Ecclestone back in command at Belgian Grand Prix after bribery trial 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2732463/Max-Verstappen-supremely-talented-ll-prove-Formula-One-s-youngest-driver.html#ixzz3BL5qc1CJ 

• 2 weeks later...
Haas alters F1 team name

The new Formula One team due to enter the sport in 2016 will be officially known as Haas F1 Team instead of Haas Formula.
“Haas F1 Team automatically conveys our place among the pinnacle of motorsports,” said Haas Automation founder and team chairman Gene Haas.
“When you hear ‘F1’ you know exactly what it is – a global racing series that showcases the latest technology and attracts the best talent in engineering and design.
“Haas Automation has an excellent reputation in the United States and I want that reputation to grow worldwide. Connecting Haas Automation with F1 in name and in practice when the Haas F1 Team debuts in 2016 is the best way to grow our business and elevate Haas Automation to a premium, global brand.”

Haas expects to complete work on the factory which will house its team in November this year. It has also launched its official F1 team website.

Correm rumores que vão ter motores da Ferrari e serão uma espécie de equipa satélite como a Toro Rosso.

...e confirma-se:

Haas deal to use Ferrari engines confirmed

The new Haas team will use Ferrari engines when it enters Formula One in 2016.
Ferrari confirmed it will commence a “multi-year” agreement with the American-based team to supply “the enter power unit” for its cars.

Haas chairman Gene Haas said “there is no team in Formula One more accomplished than Scuderia Ferrari, and no team with more history”.

“They’ve been a part of Formula One from the beginning, and now they’ll be a part of Haas F1 Team’s beginning.”

“Aligning Haas F1 Team with such a tenured and successful company in Scuderia Ferrari provides our team with the greatest opportunity for success in 2016 and beyond,” he added.

Haas will join Sauber and Marussia as Ferrari engine customers. Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci said: “A few months ago we joined forces with Gene Haas on a commercial level and this is the natural next step of our growing relationship.”

“While our objective is to reinforce our power unit development programme for all our customer teams, we believe this new partnership has the potential to evolve beyond the traditional role of supplying our power unit and all related technical services.

“[The] United States continues to be one of the most important markets for Ferrari and it offers many interesting opportunities. We look forward to supporting Haas F1 Team in its efforts to become a competitive player on the Formula One grid.”

Williams confirma Bottas e Massa para 2015

A Williams confirmou que irá manter a sua atual dupla de pilotos, Felipe Massa e Valtteri Bottas, para 2015. O piloto brasileiro tem contrato em vigor, mas o jovem finlandês terá que prolongar o seu vínculo. Talvez este seja o momento certo para realizar este anúncio, já que ambos os pilotos estão bastante bem posicionados para triunfar hoje no GP de Itália de Fórmula 1, embora se saiba que isso não será tarefa fácil em virtude do poderio dos dois Mercedes, que partem na frente.

Massa tem contrato por vários anos, pelo que era relativamente a Bottas que existiam algumas dúvidas, pois o finlandês despertou o interesse de outras equipas. Bottas tem realizado uma boa sequência de pódios e já obteve quatro este ano. Massa ainda não, mas a sua experiência é fundamental para a equipa e é isso mesmo que destaca Frank Williams: “É um prazer trabalhar com o Felipe, para além de que o nosso line-up combina rapidez, experiência com um talento muito especial que sabemos ser o Valtteri, algo que já sabemos há anos, simplesmente agora demos-lhe um carro para o demonstrar. Este anúncio dá-nos estabilidade para pensar em 2015, mas continuamos focados em maximizar todo o potencial do FW36 para as restantes corridas.”

Boa aposta da Williams. Gostava no entanto de ver o Bottas num McLaren-Honda em 2016.

(Soa tão bem dizer McLaren-Honda  :wub: )

• 4 weeks later...

Vettel to leave Red Bull after 2014; Kvyat to be promoted

Sebastian Vettel will leave Red Bull at the end of the 2014 season, the team has confirmed.

The German joined the Milton Keynes-based squad ahead of the 2009 season and the combination has been the dominant force in Formula One ever since, with Vettel claiming four consecutive world championship crowns, 38 Grand Prix victories, and 44 poles over the past six seasons.

Red Bull also confirmed that Daniil Kvyat, who has impressed for sister team Toro Rosso during his rookie season this year, will be promoted to the main team alongside Daniel Ricciardo in 2015.

"Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season," a statement from Red Bull read.

“We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years."

"As we wish Sebastian well in the next stage of his career, we also look to the future with excitement, as the vacancy makes way for the next generation of Red Bull racers."

"The Red Bull Junior Programme has developed some proven talents in recent times, including Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, who has excelled in the RB10 and become a three-time Formula One race winner in his first season with the team."

"We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat."

Vettel is expected to announce his future plans shortly.

His departure has massive significance in terms of the driver market. The 27-year-old has been widely tipped to move to Ferrari, with Fernando Alonso strongly linked with a switch back to McLaren, alongside either Jenson Button or Kevin Magnussen.

Kvyat's promotion meanwhile means a seat will open up at Toro Rosso next year. Rookie Max Verstappen is already confirmed with the team for 2015.

Será desta Félix ?

• 3 weeks later...

Ora bem, bons rumores pelo paddock da F1. Vettel na Ferrari no próximo ano! :clap: O carro de 2015 da Ferrari está mas lento que o deste ano. :n:  Audi apontada a 2016 na F1. :clap:

• Like 1

Ericsson signs for Sauber for 2015 

Caterham’s Marcus Ericsson is to join Sauber for the 2015 season, the Swiss team announced on Saturday. Sauber, whose current race drivers are Adrian Sutil and Esteban Gutierrez, will confirm his team mate at a later date.

“Fresh from a very turbulent week, I was suddenly given my best early Christmas present ever,” commented Ericsson, who is missing this weekend’s United States race as Caterham address their ongoing financial issues.

“The Sauber F1 Team has put its trust in me for 2015, and it makes me proud, as Sauber is known to be one of the best teams in developing young drivers. It will be a great challenge. I will give my very best to develop both as a driver, and to be part of the challenge to put the Sauber F1 Team back closer to the front where it belongs.”

Ericsson, 24, will arrive at Sauber on the back of a trying rookie campaign with Caterham, which has yielded a best finish of 11th place in May’s Monaco Grand Prix.

“We are pleased to announce this cooperation,” said Sauber team principal Monica Kaltenborn of Ericsson’s signing. “We have got to know Marcus as a highly motivated driver. He did not have an easy rookie season this year in Formula One, however, he kept calm and improved continuously, mainly in the last races. We are convinced that signing Marcus can give the team a fresh impetus.”

Like Caterham, Sauber have yet to score a point in 2014, with Sunday’s US race looking like their best chance yet of reversing that trend as Sutil starts from from ninth on the grid.

Mais um oficial:

Felipe Nasr to join Marcus Ericsson at Sauber in 2015

Sauber have signed Felipe Nasr to partner Marcus Ericsson in an all-new line up for the 2015 Formula One world championship.

Nasr, 22, already has previous F1 experience: he has competed in four Grand Prix practice sessions for Williams this year as part of his duties as test and reserve driver, and has also tested for the team on two separate occasions at Bahrain.

He won the British Formula 3 championship in 2011 and has competed in GP2 for the past three years. He currently lies second overall in this year's championship, having claimed four wins and nine podiums.

“We have been following Felipe’s career path for some time now, and he fully deserves his position in Formula One having had a very successful career in junior categories," Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said.

"We are happy that he will be driving for our team next year. This means that Brazil will have one more young and talented driver in the sport."

Nasr added: "It is a very important step in my career to sign with the Sauber F1 Team for the 2015 Formula One World Championship. This is an unforgettable moment that I owe to all of those who have supported me - my family, my friends, my sponsors, my teams and my country.

"Today the dream has come true. Sauber was responsible for the arrival in F1 of great names such as Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen, Robert Kubica and Sebastian Vettel. I am proud now to also be part of this racing family. I had a wonderful year at Williams Martini, where I learned a lot and prepared myself to be a race driver in Formula One.”

As a result of the deal, Sauber will sport the logos of Banco de Brasil - one of Nasr's partners - during the 2015 campaign.

• 2 weeks later...