Comunidade Steam

PunK_BoY

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Já é possível apagar jogos permanentemente da biblioteca:

Valve will now allow users to delete games from their Steam library. Valve did not announce this feature publicly, but NeoGAF user Enter the Dragon Punch found the option on Steam's support page.

To delete a game, select "Help" from the menu bar of the Steam client, then "Steam Support." Click on "Games, Software, etc." to open up a list of your games and select the game you want to delete, then click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account." It'll ask you again to if you're sure, and if you are, click "I want to permanently remove this game from my account."

Valve notes that you should uninstall the game before removing the game from your library, or else you'll have to dig through the depths of your computer to delete the files.

You won't get a refund for deleting your game, so this option mostly makes sense for users who want to clear out games they're sure they'll never play, while others might not mind a super-sized library.

Steam still allows users to stash their unwanted games in a hidden folder, though games that are hidden are still available to play.

Já experimentei e funciona.

• 3 weeks later...

Steam Goes Nuts, Offers Access To Other People's Accounts [UPDATE]

Steam is running into something of a catastrophe right now, giving players across the world access to the personal information in other people’s accounts. It’s not yet clear how this is happening, but it’s a doozy. Call it the Steam Winter Fail.

UPDATE (4:30pm): Valve has shut down the Steam store, presumably until they fix this problem.

Original article follows:

Various players across the world are logging into their Steam clients to find that their homepage has changed to Russian or another random language. When they check the “account info” section of Steam, they find that they have access to another user’s account, complete with e-mail addresses, buying history, and other private information.

Going to Steam’s website will also grant you access to a random user’s account.

Based on some rudimentary testing I’ve done on my own Steam client, it seems like trying to view purchase histories and licenses will bounce around other random accounts, too.

Steam Goes Nuts, Offers Access To Other People's Accounts [UPDATE]

The account that my client accessed is using Steam Guard, the tool Valve provides to help prevent unauthorized account access. So clearly that hasn’t helped.

We’ve reached out to Valve for more information and will keep updating you guys as we learn more.

• 3 weeks later...

dhaFiNq9tCNQ.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Idle Master accumulates Steam Trading Cards while you sleep

Is there any way to speed up getting Steam trading cards? — R.J.

You can't make Trading Cards drop faster, but you can collect 'em all while you're doing something else. Idle Master is a lightweight, open source application that tricks Steam into thinking you're playing a game when you're not, which is only useful for collecting cards—or, I guess, supporting an elaborate lie about how you've stopped sleeping.

Leave Idle Master running, and it'll flip through your library, waiting for each game to drop all the cards it can before moving onto the next. It certainly bypasses the spirit of the Trading Card system, but was also inevitable, really—if people cheat at games, they're going to cheat when you gamify games. The best part is that you don't have to have a game installed to pretend to be playing it.

Idle Master has been around for a while without any Valve censure, so it seems pretty safe to use (though, I guess you might consider the energy cost of accumulating stacks of 10 cent jpgs). For more on the wonderful world of playing games but not really playing them, check out our story from a few years ago about Team Fortress 2 idler maps.

FONTE

Nunca testei esse cenário mas tenho ideia de que não podes estar online com a mesma conta Steam em 2 PCs diferentes?

Edit: Parece que se pode ter a mesma conta ligada em 2 PCs diferentes ao mesmo tempo. Provavelmente, no caso do Idle Master, não poderias jogar o(s) jogo(s) que ele estivesse a fazer "idle" uma vez que no Steam mostra que estás a jogar esse jogo.

Edited by SeRJiKaL

Eu pergunto pois aconteceu-me algo meio "diferente" do que estava à espera.

- Deixei o PC A com o Idle Master ligado o dia todo

- De noite, liguei a Steam no PC B e fora o aviso que ia mandar a sessão do PC A abaixo, tudo normal.

- No dia seguinte o Idle Master do PC A ainda está a correr, a dizer que tem login na Steam, mas o cliente está logged off.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...