Archie

De que lado ficas?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Horde vs Alliance

• Horde
    • Alliance

Manter a thread limpa, nada de insultar cada um dos lados :P

wowx-wallpaper_800x.jpg

Para os mais incultos (que já sei que vão votar na mesma só para o mete-nojo :P) a Horde é do lado direito da imagem, Alliance esquerdo.

Por mim, Horde.

Alliance, por varias razoes.

Pk sao os "bons" da fita.

Pk é mais mature em termos de players.

Pk é mais dificil de jogar

Pk sao ... mais bonitos :P

O que eu me rio com as coisas que o Prym3r diz...esta agora partiu-me todo. Mais fácil de jogar com a Aliança...

Quanto ao serem mais mature, nem digo nada. Passei tempo mais que suficiente dos dois lados da barricada para perceber que, como em tudo na vida, merda há em todo o lado :P

Retirado de um debate de ideias tipo este, sobre qual das facções é boa ou má:

To the person who equated the horde to Nazi's you may want to rethink your reasoning. It is really The Alliance, humans in particular, who show traits of racial supremmecy and the desire for greedily expanding their borders.

Trolls, like ogres and other goblinoid races from both WoW lore and traditional fantasy are in fact inherently evil. By that I mean they are motivated purly by selfishness and greed, they ally with similarly minded races only becasue they feel it will feed thier greedy desires. The Darkspear tribe in WoW is no different. Murlocs had all but wiped them from the planet so they sought out the help of the nearest faction they could, which happened to be the Orc/Tauren alliance. Good thing too because if it were humans they would have been finished off because they're "ugly."

The Forsaken are really dogs without a leash. Yes Sylvanis threw of thier oppressers (Arthas and the Lich King) however it was never for freedom, merely greed and the desire for vengance. They are very evil and kill to satisfy their own thirst and to bolster thier numbers. I really don't see why Thrall accepts them into the horde, except maybe because Sylvanis lies and claims to want to help the Horde attain freedom when really all they want is to corupt... well everything.

The Orcs and Tauren are similar, and probably the most noble, because they (now) fight for freedom, and the right to have land and live as they choose(Orcs for freedom from The Burning Legion and Humans, Tauren for freedom from Centaurs.)

Humans in traditional fantasy and in WoW are always a mixed bag of good and evil. Some fight for greed, others fight for security of their homelands. In WoW I think the Dwarfs and Gnomes fight because if they didn't the humans might kick them off thier lands.

The Night Elves seem like lost kittens. They lost thier imortality, their attempts to get it back have aroused the interest of The Burning Legion, their numbers are dwindling, and new magics are corrupting their way of life. I think they're scared really and just put up a tough front, of course they want to protect thier home, and for now at least the humans seem to tolerate them. I think in the not so distant future though they may become alienated like the bloodelves were.

The way the public sees both sides has greatly evolved since the very first warcraft...

In WC I, the Orc Legions invade Azeroth, killing king Llane along the way, and using dark and Evil Neromantic/Demonic magic.

In WC II, given the advance of what is now considered the Horde (they have allied ogres and Trolls), the humans forge an alliance with High Elves (at the time just Elves) and Dwarves to push them out of the land of Lordaeron. The Horde is still very much considered evil and they even get to enslave Alexstraza, the Red Dragon Queen, in order to use her offsprings as mounts of war.

With WC III, the background story is revealed, and it appears the Orc legions were being used as pawns the whole time, since their great oracle Ner'Zhul on Draenor (plan of origin) made a pact with Kil'Jaeden (lieutenant of Sargeras, creator of the Burning Legion). By having the orcs drink the blood of the demon Manoroth, the pact of Bloodlust was forged. With the return of the burning legion, it will take all the wisdom of the new Warchief Thrall and the help of the despised elves and humans to break the pact (thanks to Thrall's brother, Grom Hellscream, who will kill Manoroth at the cost of his own life).

It appear clear that indeed the Orcs have been evil under the Legion's influence, and are now back to their old traditions (seemingly close to the Tauren way of life, perhaps only more brutal).

The Forsaken faction on the other hand, was forged by SylvanAs Windrunner (now a "Dark Ranger" queen of Banshies, formerly a Ranger commander of the High Elves armies) out of a will of freedom first , from the Scourge and the Lich King's influence, and of revenge from Arthas who killed her while he was ravaging Quel'thalas and above all made her a slave spirit to the Lich King. Her motives, as hinted by the Undead introduction of the game, are very selfish and she obviously do not care for other living creatures. That would make her evil. I see the alliance with the horde only a mere way of getting her revenge over the much hated Lich King/Arthas, knowing that an alliance with the Humans would be impossible -damned "hollier than thou" paladins.

Now, the humans have evolved has well. From a race described as mostly noble (early wars), everything went down hill since the great victory of Lordaeron (and the destruction of the dark portal). The alliances of the kingdoms within lordaeron started to crumble (see "Day of the Dragon" book to have an idea about that) while the humans feeling toward the other races inside the alliance such as dwarves and elves were getting negative.

It comes to the point of when in "The Frozen Throne", the Blood Elves prince, Kael'thas, has to obey the arrogant orders of Grand Marshal Garithos, which are mostly to be the guard dog of the human lands while the front battle versus the Scourge is raging.

Arrives the moment when, having no other choice but to accept the help of the Nagas to accomplish a suicide mission ordered by Garithos, their whole race is declared heretic and is awaiting their execution in prison under the accusation of trahison. It's only thanks to the Naga that they will escape a certain death.

Now, the behavior of the humans has been gradually going downward to the point of sometime being evil.

Conclusion ?

The "world of warcraft" is one of shades of gray, very fortunately, the opposite ends of the spectrum being, imho, the Tauren and Night Elves on one end, and The Scourge(extreme) and the Forsaken(mysterious motives) on the other.

I see the main motives of races as a whole like this:

# Scourge : eradicating all living creatures and incorporating them under the service of the Lich King

# Forsaken: imho same as above, but replace Lich King by Sylvanas

# Dwarves : pushing the undeads and orcs away from their lands, while getting more and more items out of archeology (a whole race of Ninja Looters)

# Gnomes : Gaining their own city ? They love to invent/create (same as Goblins, cept much less chaotic) and would like to do that in peace.

# Humans : to regain the control over the lands of Lordaeron, and reestablish the dominance of the humans over the whole continent of Azeroth (the Dwarves can have their mountains). When it's done .. there's Kalimdor to worry about.

# Night Elves : Free their lands of the newcomers, and if possible regain their immortality through the Tree of Life (isolationists, needing the help of the Alliance though)

# Orcs : Securing their new homeland, they know the humans won't be long before having the desire to get rid of em alltogether.

# Tauren : to Live in peace, and make sure other races will respect their sacred grounds and beliefs.

# Trolls : Du Batouh Gandja ? (I think they have no clue, and are following the stronger/ closest way of living atm) They like to kill, cook and eat -not necessarily in that order- and are what I would call "quasi evil". This is an evil out of being .. err.. say "simple" , not purpose.

The horde is not evil...

The problem is that each side simply cannot tolerate the other side. It's an age old battle. Somehow, a long time ago, they began to fight - perhaps because they lived near each other and couldn't settle on how to split the land or the cultural differences...

So now it's just ingrained in their minds - the alliance and the horde are enemies and they must destroy each other.

Obviously, by now, after all this fighting, each side views the other as evil...anyone who has had enough of their own kind killed by another will view the other side as evil.

But really...when you look at it...the horde isn't much different from the alliance. I mean, obviously we don't see this in world of warcraft...but the horde, just like the alliance, has young to care for and provides for their own kind. After all, what else is questing? Surely anyone who risks his own life to protect his land and help his people can't be all that bad?

Isto é tudo baseado no lore do Warcraft e em particular no actual, do WOW.

Edited by Archie

calma rapaz isto é um jogo, lol. Tem que haver escolhas, se nao , naoe existiam 2 factions :) é como a escolha das classes, cada um tem o seu taste.. eu ja percebi, por exemplo, que apenas sirvo pa este jogo como caster. nao consigo me adapatar a melee.

Mas já que vais por ai, existe mt "nazismo" escondido na alemanha, ou retraido, ou"engolido" como kizeres chamar... felizmente nunca ha-de rebentar ( espero eu ).

Edited by Prym3r

ja joguei nos dois lados e tudo a mesma merda.

Foi alliance fiquei furstrado com os palhacos k havia na alliance - battlegrounds perdia-se todos se fosses fazer solo, Spam em IF nao se podia, Elfs a dancar nus lol nao podia deixar de ser, General e trade chat era fazer mute pois o spam era incrivel putos a falar de tudo e mais alguma coisa... beggers a pedir 1g etc... depois era tudo DPS warrs k nao sabiam o k era um shield, female elf hunters lol... Elf rogues para dar e vender, Paladins aki e ali e akula enfim em tudo o lugar.

entao...

Fiz um Horde ao principio tudo bem ppl muito bom... o tempo foi passando e a media k me aproxmava de 60, Ogrimmar a se encher de spammers/beggers... preços da AH estupidamente altos... fdp elitistas em todo o lado tinham a mania por serem hordel, Groups a 60??? esquece ninguem te queria por seres novo e desconhecido, BGs comecou-se a perder e perder leechers ate dizer chega, ja falei k UD rogues era em todo o lado mas mesmo uma doença 30% do ppl nakele server se nao mais era UD rogue ate dava vomitos.

Deixei o server e voltei a pegar no meu gnome, melhor coisa que fiz foi para uma guild temos 4/5 Mount Hyjal 4/9 Black temple vai indo tudo muito bom, embora haja ppl infantil na allianca isso nao há duvida, muito mais vai havendo na horde muitos putos tao e fizeram reroll e ir para horde porque é cool tornana-se arrogantes pois eu sou horde por isso reina a maior eu > tu, e infelizmente é esta a mentalidade de muita horde tem a mania que sao os maiores, Horde nao e ja deixou de ser o underdog, Horde tem a mania que sao os coitadinhos e que sao sempre descriminados, isto so me faz rir.

Enbora como eu ja disse ainda ha muita infantilidade na alliance, alliance e mais frendly pois ha menus arrogancia cada vez mais a alliance ta a ficar melhor, muitos putos cada vez mais rolam horde para ser cool o k e sempre bom claro esta para a alliance.

Edited by hellspinner