The Sarah Connor Chronicles

N3kr0

• 11 months later...

Então fechou mesmo a loja esta série?

Que estupidez, pelo menos davam-lhe um fim tipo o Jericho...

Anda tudo maluco, series sem jeito nenhum nunca mais acabam outras então...

Enfim

Sim, sem dúvida, tinha um enorme potencial mas cá para mim aquilo não pegou mas foi por outro motivo: então o Bush andava a tentar convencer toda a gente que os Coreanos e os Iranianos eram os piores do mundo e vem uma serie de televisão dizer-lhes que afinal tem de ter medo é deles próprios??? nã... não podia ser!

Mas pronto, pelo menos deram-lhe um fim, agora esta...

• 6 months later...

Existe a possibilidade da série vir a ter um seguimento, pelo menos na forma de um filme directo para DVD.

If you’re a fan of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles here is the best news you’ve heard all year.

Although the show was cancelled by Fox back in May, Thomas Dekker (aka John Connor) has just confirmed that the fight to keep the show alive is far from over, and that the real possibility exists that it may continue in the format of a made-for-dvd movie.

The news comes via TV Addict who interviewed Dekker at the Annual FanExpo recently held at the Toronto Convention Center.

When asked if there had been any talk about continuing the show in another format, here is what Dekker replied:

They’ve spoken about doing a TV movie. Well, not a TV movie, but kind of like a direct-to-DVD movie. Obviously it’s difficult because the show is based on a movie and they just had one come out, so it’s kind of hard to make a movie with our show because everyone has kind of forgotten about us. But they’re hoping, at least when I spoke to James Middleton that’s where they are with it.

Just in case you unaware, James Middleton was the executive producer of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (and also an associate producer on Terminator Salvation and co-producer of Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series). In the past Middleton has made no secret of his passion to continue the series. Back in June he raised hopes that the series might continue in another format by telling Sci Fi Wire, well, that he didn’t want to raise everybody’s hopes:

I feel like I don’t want to raise anybody’s expectations about what’s going to happen with those characters. I can tell you that I love those characters. I use a business term, and it sort of belies my emotional investment in these characters, but they are a great franchise asset. My passion for them is not diminished at all, and I’ll just leave it at that.

With rising hope that the show may return via DVD it’s hard not to wonder about where the storyline might lead after the awesome season 2 finale left John Connor in the future. Thomas Dekker has some insight to offer there as well.

I’ve divulged too much in the past [so I have to be careful as to not piss off Josh] but I mean it was going to be really interesting because there were questions in the future like is Sarah Connor at the age she would be in the future or is she already dead? I know which one that is, and it was the more interesting of the two to me. Plus what is she doing in the past? Also my sort of relationship with Allison and finding Cameron would play a large part in the season, do I go with the robot I know or do I go with the human that doesn’t know me? The fact that Danny Dyson became a very important part of it was also very exciting because it harkened back directly to the second film.

And let’s not forget he also has a liquid metal Terminator by his side, what was said to be our last hope lurking about (the John Henry/Cameron hybrid Terminator), and a brand new but now in the dark Derek Reese to bring up to speed…oh yeah, and his father Kyle too.

Seriously, this show MUST continue and I can’t help but exclaim any hint that it might is great news, even if the hint is nothing more than producer discussions.

On that latter point I have a suggestion that none of the powers that be will listen to but I’ll throw it out there anyway. Cancellation of the show related purely to money, so if there is any doubt about throwing money at production of a DVD movie, put the damn thing thing up for sale via pre-order right now. I’m willing to bet it would rocket into the top selling DVD’s overnight. Production can then move forward without any further delay, all fully funded by fans.

Just a nice (utopian) thought…

Read the full interview with Thomas Dekker at TV Addict.

VIDEO IGN